What stablizer would you recommend? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 29th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #16
Major Player

Does anyone have any feedback on the Varizoom Flowpod?
Rick Spilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #17
Major Player

I don't want to b too critical, but the test footage that they have posted, dosen't look that amazing.
I have no personal experience with the system.
Richard Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #18
Regular Crew

After much consideration and second-thinking, I decided to try out the Flowpod. I am due to receive it today (in fact, any minute now). I have no doubt it has limitations, but for my intended uses it seemed a better fit. I will post opinions after getting some hands-on time with it.
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #19
Outer Circle

Wayne makes a good point.

I got a DV Caddie. It costs about $200. I find it works very well for small cams such as the GL2 (& smaller). I wrote a review for dvinfo, but it's not up yet.

Another good stabilzer is any type that rests on the right shoulder and is braced at the chest area. A friend of mine built one for his GL1 a few years back, but sold it when he sold the cam. (He now owns a DVX100A.)

For the money, nothing beats a good tripod. I guess these are out of fashion now, because they don't look as cool or "Indie." :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)