DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/)
-   -   V35 pic (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/24962-v35-pic.html)

John Steele April 23rd, 2004 03:44 AM

V35 pic

Here's a pic of the new glidecam V35 from NAB

http://www.cinematography.com/articles/nab2004/

Just over half way down the page you'll find it.

John.

Norman Woo April 23rd, 2004 09:37 AM

Wow

And it's in fiery red. You'll going to look like one of those "Power Ranger" action figure.

When I save up enough moola, I'll upgrade from my V16 to the V35. But before that, it's the XL2 (whenever that will come out). I think Halo2 for the Xbox will come out before the XL2.

Sorry for the miscellaneous ramblings (I think I have my V16 Vest on too tight and it's blocking oxygen to my head as I type this ...)

Casey Visco April 23rd, 2004 10:23 AM

Norman, at this rate, do you ever get the feeling that Xbox2 might make an appearance before Halo2? ;)

To tell you the truth I'm not sure if the fiery red is gonna be the final production finish on the V-35. It may end up with the same black anodizing that the Gold has.

Charles King April 23rd, 2004 03:02 PM

Thank God because red doesn't suit that beast. ;)

Casey Visco April 23rd, 2004 03:38 PM

Charles, agreed, it's not a very sexy color. I'll inquire about that on Monday.

Casey Visco April 28th, 2004 08:15 AM

It looks like the V-35 will be available in all black, like the Gold Arm. You will also, however, be able to get it in the red/black that was at the show.

Charles King April 28th, 2004 08:41 AM

I'll stick with the black but it's good they're offering it as a choice.

Casey Visco April 30th, 2004 12:56 PM

OK, a clarification, by default the V-35 components will be studio black. This is obvious, it's a standard. You will be able to special order them with the red accents seen in the photo, and also with blue accents. And both color choices look pretty nice up close. ;)

As of yet, I can't provide any official word on when the V-35 will make it's debut. It's still in its development stage. And also no official word as of yet on pricing.

As things come together we'll try to get up some official photos. Stay tuned!

John Steele April 30th, 2004 02:54 PM

Waiting with Credit card in hand Casey, the new kit looks great :)

John.

Andrew Petrie May 5th, 2004 09:37 AM

Was a back-mounted V35 not a viable option during design stages? I'm just wondering if GC has plans in doing so because it seems back-mounted rigs are much more comfortable to fly...

I've never tried a backmounted personally, but I've noticed other companies going this route.

Casey Visco May 5th, 2004 02:18 PM

Andrew,

We are still very much in the design and test stages of the V35. There are currently no plans to develop a back-mounted vest for the V35 unit. The vest will be a fully trimmable front mounted vest. Existing back-mounted vests, like the DSD, should be perfectly compatible with the V35 arm if the arm is purchased with an industry standard socket block connection (as found on the Gold system), as opposed to the existing V-series connection.

If Glidecam ever does decide to put out a back-mounted vest, it will likely not be put into the works until the V35 and other projects are finished.

This is ofcourse all subject to change, as per managements decisions, but that seems to be the way it's looking as of right now.

Casey Visco May 5th, 2004 02:24 PM

Also, Andrew, as a side note...

Vests like the DSD (www.danielsauvedesigns.com) are specially tailored to the operators dimensions. There isn't an viable or affordable way of doing this just yet.

John Steele May 6th, 2004 03:12 AM

Casey, does the new V35 arm use cables and springs like the Gold arm? I couldn't make it out from the pics I've seen.

John.

Charles King May 6th, 2004 03:40 AM

I'll cut in and answer that. Yes it has the spring and pullies judging by the adjustment allen screw on the top front shell. Am I right?

Casey Visco May 6th, 2004 06:51 AM

You got it Charles. It uses 6 springs (3 in each arm segment) and pulleys just like the gold.