Glidecam V16/V20 owners - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old May 27th, 2004, 11:31 PM   #16
Wrangler

Believe me Brad, with me in my 18th year as a Steadicam operator, and a few others around with up to 10 years more than that, the concept of a walker-mounted rig is not bad (but more likely, Segway-mounted or hydrogen-fuel-cell-powered levitation system etc...)
Old May 28th, 2004, 02:24 AM   #17
Major Player

Will post the size I want when I get home from work today. I'll be leaving for a 3 week vacation to visit my grandmother. I'll be leaving on tuesday morning. Just to let you know if you decide to e-mail me or post something here pertaining to me.
Don't worry, i'll be done in about a month or two,´maybe shorter if everything goes as planned.

Hey Charles P. even though I'm only 35 years, I still a long way to go but I'm anxious too. :)
Old May 28th, 2004, 07:23 AM   #18
Major Player

Brad, pics size of 640 x 480 pixels are fine. Please make them clear and sharp :) The best pics always produce better when printed. Thanks.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:15 AM   #19
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Charles Papert : Believe me Brad, with me in my 18th year as a Steadicam operator, and a few others around with up to 10 years more than that, the concept of a walker-mounted rig is not bad (but more likely, Segway-mounted or hydrogen-fuel-cell-powered levitation system etc...) -->>>

Oooohhh! "hydrogen-fuel-cell powered levitation system"...now you are talking! In any case, I know the video will really educational and great fun to watch too! I'm looking forward to it.
www.doubledogsvideo.com
video@doubledogs.com
Brad Richmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:17 AM   #20
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Charles King : Brad, pics size of 640 x 480 pixels are fine. Please make them clear and sharp :) The best pics always produce better when printed. Thanks. -->>>

Charles K.,

If you don't mind, I'm going to wait until my new D-70 arrives before I shoot your pics, should be later this week. If you need them sooner that's fine too, I can go ahead and shoot some and then send you the upgrades later. Let me know.
www.doubledogsvideo.com
video@doubledogs.com
Old June 4th, 2004, 05:16 AM   #21
Major Player

No problem Brad. I'll wait. Thanks
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:33 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Charles K. I finally shot a few pics, sorry for the delay. I have put them on my website where you can download them. Go to:

http://www.doubledogsvideo.com/glidecam/

Let me know if this works for you. If it's not exactly what you have in mind I can easily shoot a few more. If a neutral background works better I can arrange that.
www.doubledogsvideo.com
video@doubledogs.com
Old June 11th, 2004, 05:00 AM   #23
Major Player

thanks Brad. They look great. At least from the computer I'm veiwing them from. When I get home on the 22 of june I'll down load them and add them to the book. If you've done any modification please explain them in an email to me. Thanks buddy. Any other modification that might be vital to the book, please don't hesitate to take pics and send them to me. Great job. I am half way through the book. Things are looking good.
Old June 13th, 2004, 08:54 AM   #24
Major Player

Ack, sorry I didn't come across this thread before! Is there any other info you need about the V16?
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:19 AM   #25
Major Player

Sure Andrew. I would like any pics you may have of your Glidecam V16 sled. Basically, if you've made any modification then I would love to have some pics of them. As the subject of this post details, I am going to use them in my book that I am in the process of writing at this moment. It's about modifying the sled to be able to function as a modular system. Simply put. Easy fore/aft adjustments on both battery and monitor.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 08:30 AM   #26
Major Player

Okay, another question for you v16/v20 owners. How long is the lower post? the one that slides inside the main or the outter post.

Andrew, how are those modified pics coming along?
Old July 3rd, 2004, 12:59 PM   #27
Major Player

Okay, it seems those owners are not responding. Here I go again:

How long is the lower post of the glidecam v-16/20 series? the one that slides inside the main or the outter post.

Andrew, how are those modified pics coming along?
Old July 3rd, 2004, 06:14 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Okay Charles K...you have harassed me into action. I could be relaxing, drinking a cool beer, but nooooo, I have to take my V-16 apart and measure the d*** lower post! This is going to take at least five minutes! Now I will have to spend all day tomorrow putting it back together and resetting my drop time. The weekend is shot! <G>

So here it comes. Drum roll, please.

The lower post measures, from the base....

12 5/8 inches
(My son says it's actually 1/32 less than that, and his eyes are better than mine)

Metric:

1/2 mm shy of 32 cm

Funny thing, but now I feel better. A great burden has been lifted from my shoulders. I'm kinda looking forward to putting the post back together, it will be a bonding experience for both me and my V-16. Maybe I'll even work on the dynamic balance while I'm at it. If I go really crazy, I'll strap it on and do some flying. <G>

Andrew, better get on those modified pics! Take my word for it, it will remove a great burden from your shoulders, like taking the V-16 off after a two-hour shoot :-)
www.doubledogsvideo.com
video@doubledogs.com
Old July 3rd, 2004, 08:04 PM   #29
Major Player

Good one Brad. I knew there was something going on between you and your rig ;) Thanks alot.

Another question for you. I know I'm full of them. :)

I see that that you use the Anton Bauer battery mount with your rig. Just to be certain. It is not the olg version, is it? I'm guessing you are using the golg mount which can be unscrewed from the base. Am I right?

Are you using the 10A output to power the monitor? Can the cable be purchased seperately and where?

Thanks for your time. I'm trying to wrap up the modification book for the V-series so that's why I'm asking.
Old July 7th, 2004, 06:17 PM   #30
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Charles King : ... I see that that you use the Anton Bauer battery mount with your rig. Just to be certain. It is not the olg version, is it? I'm guessing you are using the golg mount which can be unscrewed from the base. Am I right? -->>

Charles, you are right, it is the gold mount, and is mounted to the base with four small machine screws.

<<-- Are you using the 10A output to power the monitor? Can the cable be purchased seperately and where? -->>

The input to the L7 Pro Monitor is marked:

12VDC 1.0A

The battery is:

Anton Bauer ProFormer Nickel Cadmium Battery
with 14.4V/30 WH

I don't know if the cable can be purchased separately or not. It is marked "Anton Bauer Power Tap".

Anything else I can do to help, just let me know. I'm looking forward to the book!
www.doubledogsvideo.com
video@doubledogs.com
Brad Richmond is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)