Steady Tracker? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Steady Tracker?

Anybody heard of or used this thing? I'm looking into it due to the availability of a low-mode kit, and was wondering how it would compare to a Glidecam HD2000 (with a low-mode kit). Also, I'm wondering exactly how it works, seeing as how there's no handle...

http://www.cobracraneusa.com/SteadyTracker-Xtreme.html
Chris McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #2
New Boot

Steady Tracker?

Hi

I have one of those Tracker and it handles well right on the main tube and under that disk you see on it. It is easy to set up and balance compare to the Glidecam and it handles a heavier load than the Glidecam. The only thing I promise myself to do is a kind of shoulder to handwrist strap to rest the arm on ... I have not come up with a design yet, I did not have any occasion to use it since the first time I did. It was at the begenning and at the end of a mariage ceremony, like coming in the church and getting out.
Anyway, I hope this help. I bought mine used on Ebay. I have a Glidecam 2000 pro with everything that I will put for sale. If interested let me know.
In both cases it take a strong bicep to last ...

Andre
Andre Bisson II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Major Player

I started off with one of these in 03. It does not have a gimbal so there isn't any isolation from your movement, not really suitable for walking/tracking shots. It is not a Steadicam. Having said that, it is great for moving the camera (dutching etc) while you are static, better than the Merlin in fact. The stand is a great feature, but in tight spots it gets in the way sometimes. I regret selling it, but it was either that or the Merlin...
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Noted, and... deleted off my list of options.
Chris McMahon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)