Hollywood Lite vs Magiqcam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old July 21st, 2004, 03:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Hollywood Lite vs Magiqcam

I own the Hollywood Lite GTX series and am quite happy with it...One of my friends was looking into picking up one but showed me the Magiqcam option too...I have no experience with it, so I was wondering if anyone here has used both and what they thought of Magiqcam.
Ed Szarleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 05:02 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hello Ed. How long have you had your GTX? I have that rig too and it has gotten some great shots but with a bit of extra work. The GTX for me is just lacking in fluidity because it uses pins instead of bearings at its pivot joints and it's center mounted to the vest with yet another pin. I'm really interested in the new Steadicam Flyer.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:01 AM   #3
Wrangler

Ed, suggest you search for threads under "Magiqcam", there's been quite a few discussions on this already.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:11 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Magiqcam vs Hollywood Lite

James:

I agree with you on the GTX design...could have been better...I recently tried out a Basson product and was pleasantly surprised with their product.

Charles:

I did see all the praise for the Magiqcam product but wanted a comparison by someone who has used both...I have since tried one of the dual arm models of the Magiqcam and I was not really impressed...Inexpensive for a reason...Using one product without the benefit of comparing it to another is not benefical for an evaluation imo...To each is own and for now I think I will recommend the Basson 500 over both the Hollywood Lite and Magicqam...Of course, I will probably be purchasing the Flyer once I test it and concur with other user reports that it is the Holy Grail of sub 7K Steadicams.
Ed Szarleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2004, 10:15 AM   #5
Wrangler

True enough, Ed.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)