Anyone please... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 1st, 2004, 06:06 AM   #16
Major Player

Ed, thank you. Adjacent to this battery mount would be the monitor mount correct? How is that configured and is the
pod or plate any larger than the battery side? Forgive me I'm
trying to get what I need prior to it's arrival.
Michael Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 07:50 AM   #17
Anton/Bauer

Gold Mounts

The Canon camera requires the QR-XL1c bracket, this bracket performs the voltage conversion to 7.2 volts.
We offer additional brackets that do not perform the voltage conversion including the QRC-GOLD - Compact Universal Gold Mount Kit with mounting hardware and wire terminals - This Gold Mount is similar to the but is approximately 3/4" smaller (4.7" x 3.0" x 0.5" thick) which makes it ideal for mounting to small devices. Due to its smaller design, the QRC-GOLD must be mounted with its top edge flush with one edge of the equipment on which it is installed

You can see more: http://www.antonbauer.com/gold_mount_system.htm
Bob Pennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 07:58 AM   #18
Major Player

Bob, really appreciate all your help here - thanks

I'm concerned though as I believe you are referring to adding the
battery to the back of the camera where I think in the instance
of the Magiqcam, it needs mounted on the sled?
Old October 1st, 2004, 01:08 PM   #19
Anton/Bauer

What to mount- What is the goal

For this application- We need to determine our goal. Is the goal to use one battery to power camera and the light-- mounting the bracket on the sled???-- If yes-- we need the bracket that performs voltage conversion. You will need to mount this on the sled and run the cables (2) up to the camera. Contact us for this application-- we will need to make an extended cable to power the camera, the other cable will be the PowerTap extension cable that will mount to the light.

If the goal is power the light only-- mount the QR-C Gold mount adapter to the sled and run a cable up to the light-- this is the PowerTap extension cable. The bracket will also have 2 wires (positive and negative) in the rear, you could use this a modify a cable to power your LCD monitor.
Bob Pennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 01:18 PM   #20
Major Player

Bob, I still intend to power the camera with the regular canon batteries.
Old October 1st, 2004, 06:30 PM   #21
Major Player

hi michael,

will get some photos up, monday i hope, on how i mount a lcd monitor on the sled. will also give you the measurement of the gold mount and magiqcam battery mount. hope it will help.

ed
Ed Liew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 06:44 PM   #22
Major Player

Ed - that would be priceless, can't thank you enough!
Old October 3rd, 2004, 10:20 PM   #23
Major Player

hi michael,

just got some photos up.

http://visualline.7p.com/magiqcam_monitor_setup.html

the lcd monitor is mounted using double sided tape. i made the breakout box out of aluminium material. its design to power the monitor and camera. the video signal from the camera is channel through the box to the monitor. i have an extra bnc outlet by the side only as a backup.

hope this give you an idea.

ed
Ed Liew is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)