GL2 and Glidecam 4k at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old September 29th, 2004, 11:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

GL2 and Glidecam 4k

I want to buy a cheap stabilization system for my GL2. The only thing is, I plan to upgrade to an XL2 in a year or so and I'm wondering if I should go for the 4k instead of the 2k glidecam model. The specifications say the load for the 4k is 4-10lbs, while the 2k is 2-6lbs. The dilemma being that the GL2 and XL1 each fall into different categories.

I'm wondering that a boom mic, lcd screen, and batteries will boost the weight enough on the GL2 (it weighs in around 2.5 lbs) to make the minimal load for the 4k. I'd like to get the 4k to avoid having to sell the 2k when I part with my GL2.

Also, does anyone have any sample footage that was shot with either of the glidecam models?

Thanks.

Levelse7en@gmail.com
John Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Glidecam 2000 footage

Hi John,

I have used a Glidecam 1000 and 2000 pro. Our website has a couple of clips with and without stabilization using the 2000 Pro. It is being supported by our company's vest and arm system.

The address is www.indicam.com... click on "Video Clips". One clip will automatically start to download. The other ones need to be downloaded manualy. The are too large at the present time but we are working on fixing that problem.

Anyway, we have had some nice shots with the Glidecam. We built the support system due to fatigue and a few other items.

Terry
Terry Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:05 AM   #3
Major Player

I also just posted some excerpts from our revised Demo DVD on the Glidecam website that shows some examples of footage from a 2000 pro operated without the aid of an arm system.

http://www.glidecam.com/demo.html

Casey Visco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2004, 07:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you for the samples Casey and Terry. From what I've seen so far, the glidecam looks like a pretty good stabilizing tool for the price.

Levelse7en@gmail.com
John Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)