DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/)
-   -   for john, magiqcam (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/34742-john-magiqcam.html)

Ed Liew November 10th, 2004 12:06 AM

for john, magiqcam

this is for john of magiqcam. reason why i post it here because he said he can't receive most of my mail and he does check into the forum.

Hello Ed,
I didn't receive your email with your clip. I get half of your emails. I saw the clip on DVinfo. I agree with Charles P.when he says the rig is not configured correctly.
"I think the only issue I see in that rig is that he's got way too much bottom weight for the GL camera. The gimbal is too low. Even though it would nominally balance out OK, it's a strange operating mass."
I have tried to explain this to you also, but I don't think that I am explaining it correctly.
I only offered for you to send the rig back to me for a full run through because we weren't getting any where with the email. I wanted to make sure that everything was sound and that you had the best product.
I am trying to help and make this right..
But you need to tell the whole story. I am not wanting you to send the rig back willy nilly. I want to make this right. I offered to pay shipping in your direction. I paid for shipping when I sent you the new gimbal. As you said you can't afford the shipping. $700 is a lot for everyone (both ways).
Please confirm that you received this email.
Thank you
John Gardner
Animagique

john,
not sure whether you can receive this mail but i'll post a copy in the forum, just in case.
my question is why do you need the whole rig while you know that the only thing wrong with the rig is the gimbal and maybe also the docking plate as it look tilted. in the first place, i did not request for a broken rig but you sold me one. why am i to pay for the shipping?
also, i think you got it wrong with ...
"I think the only issue I see in that rig is that he's got way too much bottom weight for the GL camera. The gimbal is too low. Even though it would nominally balance out OK, it's a strange operating mass.". they were refering to a home made rig by another person, not mine.
what i ask for is a working rig, thats all.

ed

Charles Papert November 10th, 2004 12:44 AM

Ed is correct, I was referring to a homebuilt rig as referenced to in the post before mine.

Charles King November 10th, 2004 01:05 AM

I hope I didn't cause any trife with me telling it is a gimbal problem? Ed, you were right, Charles P. was referring to the HB rig I posted. Maybe you would like a second opinion as I stated in my last post. Charles P., what do you think?
I still think it is a mis-alignment of the gimbal. It has nothing to do with the balance of the rig.

Ed Liew November 10th, 2004 01:37 AM

charles k, i don't think john would mind a constructive opinion.
thanks you.

ed

Rob Lohman November 10th, 2004 05:00 AM

Perhaps John also saw the HB movie and not the movie from Ed?

Ed Liew November 10th, 2004 05:45 AM

perhaps. i did send him link to the clip, three times. i do hope he see the correct video.

ed