Glidecam v-8 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 6th, 2003, 01:46 AM   #31
Wrangler

I'd be happy to: what price level are you looking for, which rig etc. I know we talked about this a while back but I forgot. Should I include your email address?
Old February 6th, 2003, 07:00 AM   #32
Major Player

Hey Charles (my fathers name everytime i write it i think of him)

it would be fine to include my address. Since i know very little about rigs i'll let you tell me what is good or not. I am just under 6 foot, i weigh around 80kg's so i wouldnt need a special sized anything.

Price range, well obviously cheaper the better, i think 2k or so, because i know i can buy a new one for 2k, but you know maybe i can get one which is comparable to a 5-6k one used.

Or if you found one that more along the lines of a v8/v16, i have a sony pd150 (not really heavy), super cheap (like $500-1000) i would snap it up. (even if it is aged and out of date, it is for my little cam, and if need be i can always steady it out with a block of wood or something.)

Of course i totally understand if the people you know don't deal with things in that low of a price range, it is just a personal thing for me.

Thanks for your help.

Zac

Zac@mindfreeproductions.com
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2003, 12:18 AM   #33
Wrangler

Hmmm...the folks on the Steadicam forum are probably not going to be a ton of help for a rig in that price range. I'm just starting to learn about the different manufacturers myself (meeting with the gent behind the "Magiqcam" in a couple of weeks to offer some pointers).

If I hear of anything, Zac, I'll let you know.
Old February 7th, 2003, 05:30 AM   #34
Major Player

Charles,

Thanks for looking as it is, I may be directing a funded film soon, not too sure yet, if i get a budget (heh heh) from an investor i'll be sure to find out when you have a few weeks free and fly you down here as DOP/CO.

Man i love this forum.

Zac
Zac Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2003, 11:45 AM   #35
Wrangler

Zac,

Australia? I'd be down there in a heartbeat, mate. Got family in Sydney, was last there in the 80's but would love to go back.
Old May 28th, 2003, 02:14 PM   #36
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Charles Papert : Hmmm...the folks on the Steadicam forum are probably not going to be a ton of help for a rig in that price range. I'm just starting to learn about the different manufacturers myself (meeting with the gent behind the "Magiqcam" in a couple of weeks to offer some pointers).

If I hear of anything, Zac, I'll let you know. -->>>

What of that meeting re: the magiqcam Charles? You must have had a hands-on experience with one, do you have any opinions? How does it fair against a GlideCam V8 (or a V16) for example?
Old May 28th, 2003, 07:56 PM   #37
Wrangler

The meeting never happened, scheduling problems & I'm out of town for a few months.

What I saw of the Magiqcam was a work in progress. Some solid value for the money, but in dire need of revamping in a few critical areas. Not as mature a product as the Glidecam, thus I can't recommend it at the current time.
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:16 AM   #38
Major Player

hey Zac, how about something homemade? I have a homeade rig (www.homebuiltstabilizers.com - "cosmin's rig" unde "full rigs"). It's nice, ok. You can see a small clip made with it on the same site, under "videoclips" - "cosmin's system".

I'll ask on homebuiltstabilizers forum. I just decided I want to get rid of it! ;-)
Cosmin Rotaru is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)