DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/)
-   -   Glikdecam V8 users: need help with accesories (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/36983-glikdecam-v8-users-need-help-accesories.html)

Ricardo Renaldi December 27th, 2004 10:47 PM

Glidecam V8 users: need help with accesories

Hi folks,

I'm planning to buy a V8 for supporting a Sony FX1. I looked at B&H catalog and there's a lot of options and prices.(like the Offset adapter Set, Vehicle mount and low mode mount. ) Do you find them usefull?

Also there's the V8G that appears to support heavier cameras with a "gold spring". But nothing more besides that. Couldn't find mor information on this.

What package would you recommend?

Thanks

Ric

Richard Lewis December 28th, 2004 09:18 AM

Unless you really need a V8 at this precise moment, I would hold off buying it and wait for the V10 to be released. Its apparently just around the corner and a much improved version
Might be worth the wait… if you can.

Ricardo Renaldi December 28th, 2004 09:30 AM

Ahhh

Thanks a lot for your interesting suggestion. Is there any place to look for some info on that new model?

Ric

Richard Lewis December 28th, 2004 11:50 AM

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26060

Talks about it briefly, but I haven’t seen any piccys.

You should ask Casey Visco at Glidecam, he does venture here occasionally. You could contact Glidecam, but I doubt that they will tell you much until it becomes official.

You could even start a post saying, "Casey Visco PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THE V10!!!" Might get his attention. :)

Casey Visco December 28th, 2004 11:39 PM

To be honest, I cannot tell you TOO much until things becomes official. But I shall do my best to give you an idea of what's going on.

The first major product to be released will be the Smooth Shooter. This is a very compact, completely redesigned SINGLE section arm, designed to be used with either a 2000 or 4000 Pro. Early prototypes have already been shown at some recent trade shows, but the rig is still in it's final stages of development and many new changes are being implemented before it goes into production. Hopefully this will be released before NAB 2005 in april, though I cannot make any official announcement about release dates at this point.

The next major release will probably be the much-anticipated V-35 rig. The V-10, which, like the V-35 will have a trimmable DUAL segment arm and also include a newly designed sled, will come later down the road.

That being said, it appears at this point that the V-8 will principly be replaced by a Smooth Shooter/4000 Pro combination. Testing has shown that this will, in many ways, be a marked improvement over the V-8.

As things DO become official, I will try to post the latest news on our website.

Hope this helps!

Pascal Jolink December 29th, 2004 08:05 AM

I've talked to Glidecam reps at the IBC this year and they told me the new V-35 would probably come out this month. Obviously they're not going to make that deadline, so January? February? The demo / semi-prototype shown there was a 90 % finished product. It would be a shame that we're going to have to wait untill April!! for something new, because I'm really looking foreward to the release of this rig... and probably buy it! Well, I'd buy the V-65...

Pascal

Casey Visco December 29th, 2004 08:43 AM

Pascal, unfortunately the schedule has changed a bit since last IBC. This is due in part to the fact that we diverted much of our attention to perfecting the Smooth Shooter so we could release it as soon as possible. Subsequently all other product releases have been pushed back. There is still a good bit of work to be done on the V-35, and thus I cannot give you any expected release date just yet.