First Impression of Indicam Sled: at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 26th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #1
Major Player

First Impression of Indicam Sled:

Hello,

Recently I purchased my first video stabilization sled. I chose the Indicam because of its very good reputation, excellent support and affordable cost. In the future I will buy the arm and vest but for now I am very happy with the sled.

I am using the HMC-150 with a shotgun mic and wireless receiver hooked up to it. With the sled the weight is fairly heavy. But for short periods of shooting it works great. I am able to walk up and down stairs and simple pans are so easy now. I even used it on a sailboat recently and the footage was quite impressive.

It was so nice to turn off the OIS and shoot freely without any shaky footage.

As for balancing the sled, yes it takes some time. I think the first time it took 25 minutes.

But once it is balanced, then you can use it whenever. I highly recommend getting the Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging quick release adapter assembly. I just ordered mine including a stand to balance the camera perfectly.

When I get the arm and vest, I look forward to sharing my thoughts but I can only imagine it makes the experience even better since you don't have to worry about arm fatigue.

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #2
Major Player

Arm and Vest:

Hello,

Just wanted to update that I got the Indicam arm and vest a few days ago and all I can say is WOW!

I highly recommend it. It is easy to setup and use. Of course, you need to practice a lot to get the best results but already I could see a major difference.

The vest and arm are well made and are quickly and easily adjusted.

At the end I spent about 2000 grand for the sled, arm and vest. Not cheap but with Terry's great support and high quality product I am glad I did it.

Check out the Indicam if you can't afford the steadicam like me.

;)

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)