Manfrotto Fig Rig at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 16th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #1
New Boot

Manfrotto Fig Rig

I have been looking for a reasonably priced stabilization system for a while now but with exchange rate and import duties the Merlin is a little too pricey for my liking.

Has anyone out there had any experience with the Manfrotto Fig Rig and if so I would like a show of hands as to Yay or Nay! I use a XHA1S by the way....

Thanks

Graeme
Graeme Coutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I have a Fig Rig, REALLY like it, but am able to live within it's parameters. Your camera will be very heavy to hand hold on the fig, but at least it gives you two hands instead of one like the Merlin.

And make no mistake, it is a stabilizer, NOT a steadicam.
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #3
Major Player

For instance I recently used it to shoot a play in three takes. Using the Fig Rig I could get angles and framing that would have taken forever to set up with a tripod.

But what it was doing here was completely different from a steadicam, like a Merlin.

I have both. They are completely different beasts.
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #4
New Boot

I have no personal experience with it - but I have a friend in Burundi Africa who is using it with his Sony EX1 and likes it. He said it isn't perfect, and certainly isn't a Steadicam - but for the environment he is in it works great.
Scott E. Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)