Merlin Part MIA - Help! at

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 30th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Major Player
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 204
Merlin Part MIA - Help!

I have lost the smallest part on my Merlin. It is the screw/peg that goes into the small holes on the blue baseplate. Not the 1/4 screw that screws into the camera, but the one that goes in right next to it--that's probably 1/8" without threads that helps keep the plate from moving around.

Anyone know what this is called and where I could possibly get another one? No answer at Tiffen for a week. The part MIGHT cost $0.01. :)
Lloyd Ubshura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 01:25 AM   #2
Major Player
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 326
I'm guessing this is what you're looking for?
Steadicam | 8017435 Replacement Locating Pin | 801-7435 | B&H

And, sadly, while I wish parts like that cost $.01, welcome to the world of low-production, high end equipment. You get what you pay for though!
Tom Wills is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 PM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network