Hague HD Motion-Cam Stabilizer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 22nd, 2010, 04:58 AM   #1
New Boot

Hague HD Motion-Cam Stabilizer

Hi

Has anyone any experience of this stabilizer?

I have a Sony Z5, and am looking for something to help with occasional hand held shots. I don't want to spend too much if I can help it, as I have a long list of other wants.

I've seen this at about £280 (approx US$420), but I don't want to buy a turkey. Obviously I appreciate that Pilot is better etc, but that's just too pricey for me at this stage.

From what I can find on the net about Hague, people seem to like them. This particular stabilizer seems to not get much coverage on the net though.

All opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony
Tony Fogarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Hague HD Motion-Cam Stabilizer

Did you end up purchasing the Hague? I'm looking at one now for a good price and have seen some videos shot while using it.

If you bought one would you recommend it?
Old June 1st, 2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

hi guys...any update on thissemi-affordable stabilizer? is it better than the Flycam U3x Sabre? anyone
thanks
E
Old June 2nd, 2012, 04:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi guys,

I bought one of these last year, for use with my VG10 - I found it to be unusable - maybe it was just me being unable to balance it, as the combination of washers and offset arm used as a counterweight is infinitely variable, but after about a week of intensive trying, it now sits unused.
Hague`s instructions are basic, to say the least, and they were not able to provide much after sales help, other than ¨balance it¨.
I´m sure the remainder of their products are great, but I would see if you can check one of these out before buying.
I ended up purchasing a Blackbird, and am very happy with it.
Paul Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Major Player

I've got one borrowed, but I'm struggling to get in balanced. Doesn't help that I don't really know what I'm doing.

The Flycam C5 looks better - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7R...7&feature=plcp.
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 04:33 PM   #6
New Boot

Hey gents. A lot of camera stabilizer out there are incredibly difficult to say the least. From constant annoyance, to outright unusable. I shoot with smaller cameras, (HMC150, HVX200, DSLRs) and I use a very simple, easy, and versatile stabilizer system called the SteddiePod.

This is the backbone of my kit, and I admit that I'm an avid fan of their products. They are releasing a Manfrotto head version soon as well.
BarberTVP.com: Makers of Multiple Emmy Award Winning Products for the Entertainment Industry

Cheers!
Kris Pyland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)