Glidecam with Rebel T2i? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 22nd, 2010, 09:58 PM   #1
New Boot

Glidecam with Rebel T2i?

Will my glidecam 4000 work with the T2i?
Steve Grabowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 06:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes it should work Steve but you might have to add weight to the TOP of the rig. I've got the HD4000 with vest and will be trying my 550D with it next week.

Peter
Peter D. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:29 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I use the T2i with an HD-1000 and it works great, so the 4000 may be a bit on a large side unless, as mentioned by the previous poster, you add weight to the top of the rig. This is with a Sigma 10-20mm lens, which is pretty heavy. You may find the need to have to raise the T2i body up slightly from the plate to allow space for whatever lens you plan on using. Getting the Battery Grip for the camera would take care of this.
"Your world is all these elements; of light and sound, of taste, smell, and touch. Woven together in many dimensions on the fabulous loom of your brain. Your brain; the most complicated thing in the world, which you yourself grew...without even thinking about it."
Kent Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:25 PM   #4
New Boot

Great! I was hoping it would work.
Steve Grabowski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)