Magiqcam 2p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 9th, 2005, 03:21 AM   #1
Trustee

Magiqcam 2p

Has anyone here managed to take a look at the Magiqcam 2p model? It apparently has a fully adjustable arm socket block along both axis, a fully adjustable gimbal along the main post, and a much heavier payload capacity over the last model.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2005, 12:41 PM   #2
New Boot

I think Terry Thompson saw them at NAB with the prototype. Terry any thoughts?
Sarah Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2005, 03:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Check out the full review plus pics and video done by one of the HBS members at the HBS froum
Old August 9th, 2005, 03:28 PM   #4
Trustee

I had a look over there yesterday, but there was only a review of the standard Magiqcam 2a, but not the brand new 2p model, although the reviewer mentioned it at the end of the review.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #5
Major Player

Sorry, I got it mixed up.
Old August 10th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #6
Major Player

I checked out John on his newest stabilizer at NAB and found it to be well made and well thought out. It does have a dual axis block I believe and is made for heavier cameras. I don't know if John is showing it on his website but he should. It is available on ebay though.

Tery

sort of from "The Princess Bride"

www.indicam.com
Terry Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2005, 01:58 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Thompson
I checked out John on his newest stabilizer at NAB and found it to be well made and well thought out. It does have a dual axis block I believe and is made for heavier cameras. I don't know if John is showing it on his website but he should. It is available on ebay though.

Tery
Does anyone know why some manufacture prefer to sell their products on auction site i.e. ebay, not go through normal sales way i.e. shop, their own website? What is the benefit? Just curious

TIA
Leigh
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #8
Major Player

E-bay is set up to create an easy place to perform transations. The basic infrastructure is there for business.. You can take payment and sell your product all with a bit of security in teh mix. And it's allready esatblished for advertizing too.

You save on the costs of getting yoru own Credit card gear, yrou own storefront, website, etc..

Also you can work on e-bay without a business licance and have customers worldwide.

However it's considered a very "Cheap" way of dooing business, and that looses soem respect with many peopel, and is recognized as "only an e-bay store" not a really searious Business.

..not to say that there arn't good products on e-bay, jsut that it's design is still for private auction. Not serious sales.

- Mikko.
Old August 10th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #9
Trustee

Hi Mikko,

Thanks for the detail answer.

That was my feeling too.

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Wilson
E-bay is set up to create an easy place to perform transations. The basic infrastructure is there for business.. You can take payment and sell your product all with a bit of security in teh mix. And it's allready esatblished for advertizing too.

You save on the costs of getting yoru own Credit card gear, yrou own storefront, website, etc..

Also you can work on e-bay without a business licance and have customers worldwide.

However it's considered a very "Cheap" way of dooing business, and that looses soem respect with many peopel, and is recognized as "only an e-bay store" not a really searious Business.

..not to say that there arn't good products on e-bay, jsut that it's design is still for private auction. Not serious sales.

- Mikko.
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:40 AM   #10
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Wilson
however it's considered a very "Cheap" way of dooing business, and that looses soem respect with many peopel, and is recognized as "only an e-bay store" not a really searious Business.

- Mikko.
Okay then why does Glidecam sell on Ebay? Just a question. do you consider them "cheap" or "not a really serious business"?
Sarah Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2005, 01:20 AM   #11
Major Player

Well...

After a quick search of e-bay, I don't actually see Glidecam selling anywhere.. There are lots of Glidecams beeing sold, even by a couple of companies, but not Glidecam themselves..

As for my oppinon of GC in regard to beeing cheap or not a serious business:
I'll say they make rigs that are cheap enough to undercut the people who did all the work they copied. And their marketing is fierce enough that'd say that they are serious about making business.

- Mikko

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)