Steadicam JR - more ergonomic grip? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 23rd, 2005, 12:31 AM   #1
Tourist

Steadicam JR - more ergonomic grip?

After finally getting around to practicing using my JR I was wondering if there exists a more custom molded handle accessory? I've found that a firm grip is essential and the standard flat stick is less than perfect for this. I know it needs to be ambidextrous but it could still be this and more form-fitting too.

Or do I just need to get used to it?
Eric Skovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 12:44 AM   #2
Wrangler

Try sneaking your pinkie underneath the handle for a bit more support; plus you can use the pinkie and ring finger of your other (operating) hand as support for the grip hand as well (obviously leaving the thumb and first finger clear for operating the guide).
Old August 23rd, 2005, 12:56 AM   #3
Major Player

I have been wondering if you could adapt something like the chisel handle pictured here to cover the existing handle.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)