Modifying Glidecam HD4000 for monitor? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old December 7th, 2011, 07:55 AM   #1
Major Player

Modifying Glidecam HD4000 for monitor?

I was wondering if anyone was using the Glidecam HD4000, and if they were, have you added a monitor? I'm wanting to get the HD4000 and x10 vest and arm. I'd like to add a monitor on the lower weight mount area, and am wondering about modifying the rig, so the cable from camera to monitor will run inside the pipes. Is it just simply drilling a hole at top and bottom, and run the cable?

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Modifying Glidecam HD4000 for monitor?

Jeff,
Michael with visual masterpeice has this setup, you might want to email him for specifics, but yes, its just as simple as you described. The monitor is on one side, and weights all on the opposite side.
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Modifying Glidecam HD4000 for monitor?

basically yes, but depending on the monitor and connector type you might need to do some soldering,
as a hand held unit I have flycam ultralight, just because it has better gimbal design, and I added monitor and a battery as a counterweight on the sled, i'm using AV cable and SD monitors just for framing, but if you have HDMI on both ends the hole in the post will be too large and re wire HDMI is a pain.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)