Pilot question. AA batteries leaking at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Pilot question. AA batteries leaking

Hey all.....

I've been playing with my Steadicam Pilot AA, and realized i put one of the batteries backwards...

After hearing a pop and fizzle, i cleared out the problem battery and replaced the whole side with new ones.
After about half an hour, i checked the batteries again. It's leaking from the same spot.
They are Rayovacs..

I didn't realize how much amperage the monitor must be sucking out to make the batteries leak..
Should i be buying better quality batteries, or could my battery holder be damaged?
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Pilot question. AA batteries leaking

Take the battery holder out, remove the batteries, clean with a mild solution of baking soda and water and an old toothbrush. Dry with compressed air or paper towels and then let air dry. Get either DuraCell or Energizer batteries. Try that see if it works. You might just have gotten a bad set of batteries. No way to tell but let me say I have been using Duracell AAs in my audio gear for about 12 years and have never had a problem. Worst that can happen is nothing changes.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)