Magiqcam gone? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Closed Thread

Old December 24th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #61
Regular Crew

I paid for a Magiqcam II on October 16 (On Ebay) I knew of some of the problems people had with late delivery time. So I wrote to John and stated that I have to have delivery for a shoot by November 21 2005. He wrote back that would not be a problem. So on Nov 14, I emailed John, and "No reply"..so two days later I wrote another email stating that I would be filing a claim on my credit card and would file a fraud claim to paypal and Ebay. John called me and said that delivery would be on time, however he said that he did not have a Magiqcam II, but instead had the newer model "SP1" I think it is called. and sure enough, on November 21, 2005. The Fedex truck pulled up to my house and delivered the rig. Everything was new and very well built. Sorry all you guys are having these problems. I guess I was VERY fortunate.
Old December 24th, 2005, 10:49 PM   #62
Regular Crew

Has anyone ever had a run of bad luck...

I have. You have. We all have. Ever see its a "It's A Wonderful Life" I know Im pulling and grabbing at straws here. But don't kick a person when they are down. Help them up, let them know everything is ok! Be a good neighbor. Thats what being American is all about. I wish the best of luck to Animagique. I know they will come back and show everyone what they are truly made of. Like I sad before - Give'm hell Animagique, make your Magic!
Old December 25th, 2005, 08:55 AM   #63
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Nelson
I know Im pulling and grabbing at straws here.
To say the least.

Quote:
But don't kick a person when they are down. Help them up, let them know everything is ok!
People forked over money and the guy that cashed their checks shouldn't be "kicked"?

Uh-boy.
Old December 25th, 2005, 09:29 AM   #64
Regular Crew

OK Maybe I didn't know the entire story

I was simply being optimistic about the situation. Yes there are 2 sides to every story. I usually side for the underdog. I guess, if that had happened to me, I'd be mad as hell too. Sorry if my comments offended, admittingly I can be naive once in a while. What ever happens, I hope everyone gets what they deserve in the end. Take that how you want.

Stepping off soap box, walking away, enjoy your Christmas, God Bless Us One and All! :-)
Old December 25th, 2005, 04:33 PM   #65
New Boot

Quote:
Thats what being American is all about. I wish the best of luck to Animagique
Sorry David, but maybe you didn't notice that a lot of the guys that indeed had problems sofar with Animagique live overseas and not in the US !!

In these situations the communication can only be done via email or phone. If i have lived in the US.. I maybe paid a visit to John to ask directly what is or went wrong.

Only one extra thought what I already mentioned in previous post.., what if you received your rig and after some use something breakes down.. ?

Erik
Old December 25th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #66
Regular Crew

Good point!

If something should break, then your S.O.L. (sure outta luck). Ok I'll keep my nose out of where it doesn't belong. Humbly walking away.
Old December 26th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #67
Regular Crew

Well, you're wrong, I had problem, and I'm living in the US, even in California, not so far from animagique if I recall correctly.
From the post from john Aston, the problem seems even worse than what I tought: apparently animagique was not even fulfulling in the correct order...
So... the more you scream (and threaten), the faster you get your rig?
Yeah... sure, what's a wonderful life...

Quoc
Old December 28th, 2005, 11:09 PM   #68
New Boot

Well its nearly 2006!..and yet I have not received any response from either
Magiqcam or the "Mr Goldstein", Ill be contacting my credit card company
next week with a "serious" fraud claim and see what they have to say.

I have had enough.. Ho Ho Ho! Merry Xmas to all!

Regards
Sean Morris
SYD/AUST.
Old December 29th, 2005, 10:19 AM   #69
Tourist

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=57040
Old January 5th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #70
New Boot

unbelievable

Well its 2006 and no response from Magiqcam or John, this is just unbelievable.

I cannot believe I got sucked into such a monkey ass-business.

No E-Mails, No Phone calls, No Responses..Its just joke!

I will be hiring legal advice on this matter, I am really fed up,
If it was 500 bucks id say @#% it, but its not it works out at
around 4,000 AUD with all the FedEX shipping and stuff.

I dont care if I need to spend another 5k refunding my money
frankly I believe this is fraud, you just dont take someone's
money and then pissoff..its a total joke.

How would Magiqcam like it if I took 4k from them?...

Cheers
Sean Morris
SYD/AUST
email: sean_morris@optusnet.com.au
Old January 6th, 2006, 03:22 AM   #71
Regular Crew

MagiqCam recieved

Hi guys,

two days ago, I got note from our customs office that I recieved a package from Animagique. It took me half a year and a few days bonus, but I believe it is finally here. Nate Goldstein promised me to ship my rig before christamss and he did so, so I believe that this guy wants to play a fair game. Unfortunately, Animagique now "owns" their rig to many customers, due to it's previous behaviour, bu I believe that everyone of you will have to wait some time.

I will let you know when I get my hands on the rig personally.

Cheers,
Martin
Old January 6th, 2006, 06:16 AM   #72
Regular Crew

Well, I don't want to sound negative, but I'm wondering if they are really focusing on all the late orders, or only on the one who scream on the forum to reduce the bad image they now have. After all, we recently got confirmation here that someone got his order fullfill faster because he put more pressure.

Yeah yeah, I know, I'm a conspiracy theorist ;)

And then, let's say they are really working on fullfilling the backorders. It means they will be very busy for quite some time, if you have any problem with your rig (in the middle of a production of course... otherwise that's not funny...), how long will it take to get the rig repaired? So my advice for any new prospective customers would be to wait 6 months to see how it goes.
That's my 2 cents...

Quoc
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)