New Economical 3 Axis Stabilizer Rock Solid Performance at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Closed Thread

Old April 6th, 2014, 07:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New Economical 3 Axis Stabilizer Rock Solid Performance

These rigs sell for around $1500 tuned to your DSLR and wide angle lens combo. The company rents the combo then tunes the gimbal on site then sends it to you plug and play. They guarantee this kind of performance:

It is a carbon fiber tube frame, with sliding camera plate and joypad tilt pan. Contact sales@ostrc.com for info
Old April 6th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: New Economical 3 Axis Stabilizer Rock Solid Performance

I purchased a Came-7000 Kit form Came-TV.com for $950.00 US and free shipping and it also comes with a 4-way button controller to change profiles and Tilt & Pan There is a pretty good size contingency of support for it, It's fun to build, and economical. It also comes with a 1 year warranty. Very nice vendor with decent tutorials .
Old April 6th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes but you have to set yours up yourself. the gimbal controllercan be very tricky and confusing. No thinking here, just go go go
Old April 13th, 2014, 03:23 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kolenda View Post
I purchased a Came-7000 Kit form Came-TV.com for $950.00 US and free shipping and it also comes with a 4-way button controller to change profiles and Tilt & Pan There is a pretty good size contingency of support for it, It's fun to build, and economical. It also comes with a 1 year warranty. Very nice vendor with decent tutorials .
here is sales page:
OST STEADY V2 Custom Set-up and Calibration – OSTRC

Can you please post test results of your came - 7000 with raw, no warp stabilizing clips?
Old April 14th, 2014, 11:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ferrara View Post
Yes but you have to set yours up yourself. the gimbal controller can be very tricky and confusing. No thinking here, just go go go
I have confidence to set up the controller and save $750.00! Also, you will want to know how to set up that controller anyhow, especially if you change cameras & lens's. I like knowing my equipment,
I also noticed you get NO Battery and NO charger, and it's not $1,500.00 it's $1,699.00 and you have to wait 4 to 6 weeks! I like the $950.00 everything included, ordered mine, and it came in 5 days from Shenzeng, China!
Old April 14th, 2014, 11:19 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ferrara View Post
here is sales page:
OST STEADY V2 Custom Set-up and Calibration – OSTRC

Can you please post test results of your came - 7000 with raw, no warp stabilizing clips?
Yes when I get my build complete some time this week, I have been very busy shooting video, I'm a one man show, but, yes I would be more than happy to.

In the mean time, if you want to see some good footage from a straight up guy look here:http://cheesycam.com/came-7000-3-axi...nd-demo-video/
Old April 15th, 2014, 02:46 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I just bought the SKYglide pro 3 axis gimbal that comes with everything u need to shoot + have 2 joystics

looks good but i have tested it yet
Old April 15th, 2014, 11:35 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kolenda View Post
I have confidence to set up the controller and save $750.00! Also, you will want to know how to set up that controller anyhow, especially if you change cameras & lens's. I like knowing my equipment,
I also noticed you get NO Battery and NO charger, and it's not $1,500.00 it's $1,699.00 and you have to wait 4 to 6 weeks! I like the $950.00 everything included, ordered mine, and it came in 5 days from Shenzeng, China!
Not 4-6 weeks, 2-4 and the reason is they calibrate it and make sure it is good to go before leaving. If things are slow should be only 1-2 weeks max. Please read before posting your comments because you have lots of errors in it.

They sell the DIY Kit for around $620, the V2 DIY kit with 32bit controller will be about for just a little more and that will come with elctronics box, switch, button and joystick all plug and play, just calibrate, like the came.

http://www.ostrc.com/collections/gimbals

The custom built kit does come with new 32 bit board, joystick and housing, just not pictured that;s why it is $1699 please read details. The 1500 unit does not have the new box it is older version. Keep in mind they calibrate it to the camera to get great results. It is pretty overwhelming if you haven't done it before. I'd love to see your results come close to these and get these results in one days time, not gonna happen unless you've worked with them over and over:

This clips have absolutely no post stabilization effects. This kind of performance at $1699 is a steal compared to other units for $5000. I agree people should learn their controller but to some it is just not a feasible time investment, the reason why poeple will buy MOVI etc.

Remember the unit cost is cheaper but the calibration and testing is labor intensive and tricky. They have it down pretty good. I know I am Producing their upcoming spots.

Look at the shake on the running scene with skyglide, and yaw stops abruptly IMO. These are things the OST people take care of...

Cheers!

Last edited by Mike Ferrara; April 15th, 2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old April 15th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #9
Inner Circle

That looked great, especially considering it's price, this stabilizer would allow you to shoot in windy conditions which would have no impact on it. I see it usable at weddings though it's a bit bulky to drag around, I see they have a cheap miniature version for the gopro, wonder how that works out, unfortunately there are no demo's to be found of that unit.
Old April 15th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Here are some quick tests with the mini. You';ll get nowhere near the performance of the bigger model as there is hardly any weight.

Old April 15th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #11
Inner Circle

thx! doesn't look too bad at all. wish this one would fit pocket size camera's like a panny gm1

Last edited by Noa Put; April 16th, 2014 at 01:28 AM.
Old April 15th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #12
Regular Crew

No it would not fit a GM1 But if you contact OST they can find a compatible solution and calibrate it for you.
Old April 16th, 2014, 01:31 AM   #13
Inner Circle

That would be kinda expensive no? Having it custom fit for one person? Not that I urgently need such a device but it sure looks cool having a ministeadicam that almost would fit in your pocket. Even if the performance is not that good compared to the bigger brother I see shots that would be difficult to achieve with a steadicam.
Old April 16th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #14
New Boot

I don't know if it will accommodate the GM1 but here is a 2-axis hand-held stabilizer just previewed at NAB tailored to the GoPro3. It's only $699.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzUhRWJHCLI#t=33
Old April 16th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #15
Inner Circle

That one seems more versatile and seems to be more sophisticated, something you see back in the price, it should be possible to get a pocket sized camera like the gm1 or gx7 with some modification on there but the only question is how it will affect stabilization. I actually like these kind of miniature handheld stabilizers, much easier to take with you and possible to use during photoshoots and outside, even in windy conditions. They won't replace a steadicam but they should be able to work under conditions which are not possible with my smaller steadicam, like outside when there is a lot of wind, or at the beach during a photoshoot. You should be able to get some cool moves out of it.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)