All Steady 5 Pro 3 Axis Gimbal at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old December 12th, 2014, 03:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

All Steady 5 Pro 3 Axis Gimbal

Well, I'm really thinking about getting this Gimbal. Check out there videos,and the features, especially the batteries, and tool-less adjustments.

Holiday Special AllSteady-5PRO 3-Axis Gimbal + Free Balance Stand : Toolless Bal + 32BIT Dual Sensor Processor + Battery + Charger, for DSLR Camera

Not a bad price, with a free stand, and free setup and balancing for your camera. Turbo Ace is also located in the Southern California, USA, I was able to talk to one of the Techs and get a lot of questions answered.
Not having to deal with the poor Chinese to English translation and longer support communications, is a real value I think. I tried the Came-TV 7000, older controller, but had a lot of problems, and had to return it, they were pretty good about that. Anyhow, just thought I would pass this along.
Leon Kolenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 05:03 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: All Steady 5 Pro 3 Axis Gimbal

Well I Jumped in and ordered a AllSteady 5 Pro today will be here around Christmas or right after. I'm going to use this stabilizer at first with a Sony RX-10, Then I plan to get a different camera later.
Once I get everything set up with it, I will give a review here on how it works.Can't wait.
Old December 17th, 2014, 10:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Checked it out after reading your post. Looks really good, considering it over a Ronin for half the price.
Don Meers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey Don, did you see the video showing the 5 different modes, I did not see all these modes with other Stabilizers, mainly any of the Came-TV stabilizers. I'm not sure what camera your going to use, but the AllSteady 5 Pro is pretty versatile in it's cameras, I think because it's mainly based on weight, It's also considerably lighter than the Ronin. Also, read up on there battery system, I have not seen anything about this with any of the other companies talked to the tech at Turbo-Ace, and he said that there eng. dept. spent a lot of time getting the correct motors and the settings to work well with a lot of different cameras, so, I'm basically looking to balance, and see how she goes. If you live in the USA, that's worth something in it's self.

Like I said, when I get mine I will post a Mini-Review on it's performance. Let me know if you decide to get one, I would call them, ask to speak to Andrew.

Last edited by Leon Kolenda; December 17th, 2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old December 18th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yeah If you have ordered then please post an extensive review. Im in Australia so Im not sure if these guys are interested in servicing outside USA. After market service and a tech team (via Skype or something) is really important to us. If they had no problem in shipping etc we may have a deal.
Don Meers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)