Magiqcam NOT gone :) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 29th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #1
Tourist

Magiqcam NOT gone :)

I orderd a rig on ebay 4 weeks ago but I got a reply from Kelly last night within 8hrs of sending a email and Im in the UK Scotland..

She said that yes thay have change hands but thay are by no means closed or closing its just things are slow with the big change over and the holidays, so it looks as if the MagiqCam is here to stay and I would not be surprised to see a brand new site and rig updates for 2006

Since Animagique is getting big now it only makes sense for someone else to manage it for them ...

The only reason I have not yet had a resonse from the new management team is it's the holidays and no one is at work, So I expect anyone who has not already been contacted from the new management will be after the holidays, I hope..

As far as I can make out john and kelly are still the owner its just thay have a new management team which I hope means faster times on rigs , replys etc anyway fingers crossed as the MagiqCam deserves to live on as its so much better than most of the single and duel arm stabilizers out thare the main reason is its over half the price of the other's ...

The only thing that is stoping this stabilizer from success is the build time if thay can keep stock and not make to order thay will make it big..

INFO: I have two email addresses one with pipex.com and one with gmail.com , Here is the strange part all my emails sent with pipex.com never get to kelly and john but every single email sent with gmail.com has got to kelly and john and thay have replyed to every one, so I sugesst you also try a different email host it could be thay just dont get your emails as in my case...
Jamie Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Glover
The only reason I have not yet had a resonse from the new management team is it's the holidays and no one is at work, So I expect anyone who has not already been contacted from the new management will be after the holidays, I hope..
Jamie, I hope it all pans out for you however...

I think anyone here that does business with these people from now on has nobody to blame but themselves. After hearing all the horror stories I find it difficult to believe these people haven't been sued much less are still in business. (New management or not).
Rick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #3
Regular Crew

That's the beauty of running a business for budget-aware indie, if they didn't have money to get a Flyer, they probably don't have the money to go in court :)

Quoc
Quoc Peyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Does magiqcam have any kind of web presence...?

I don't find anything useful just by searching "magiqcam."
Karl J Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I had the same problem 5 years ago with my Hollywood Lite (reportedly former Steadicam engineers) system when it came to dealing with the original company for support and such after the sale. I bought it through B&H and a few weeks afterwards had to speak with the company directly a few times about performance issues. They either didn't answer the phone or e-mail or took forever to respond. Their phone numbers went to their house or cell phones, come on!! When I finally did speak with them, it was just a bunch of generalized answers. We basically got nowhere. The inevitable finally happened and they finally offloaded it to Varizoom.

Sounds like these Magiqcam folks are the same way. They got in over their heads and they don't know when to stop and reorganize. They just keep saying everything's under control. The fact is they are way behind for whatever reasons and are stalling. 3-6 months, much less 2-3 weeks, is way too long to have to wait. If they have your money, that is bad. Anyone who believes those excuses is naive and will regret it later when they have issues and can't get support. Just because you have a good product doesn't mean you know how to run a business and give good support and this is proof as with Hollywood Lite.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 10:27 PM   #6
New Boot

Same here. Ordered in October off ebay. No word on shipment but after emailing them I was told it would be sent soon. Still waiting.

Vince
Vince Keala Lucero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2006, 11:59 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I think you folks may have lost your money. This is the most bizarre thing that I have heard of. I don't think that system is worth waiting for period, much less for seven months.
James Emory is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)