DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/)
-   -   attention all magiqcam buyers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/64794-attention-all-magiqcam-buyers.html)

Mike Hardcastle April 10th, 2006 06:38 PM

attention all magiqcam buyers

can anyone who has received/bought a magiqcam unit in the last 9 months please respond with your purchase date and wether or not you have recieved anything yet, I am now at 7 months since I placed my order and after numerous emails with John/Nate goldstein I am still waiting, am I the only one...?????

I know this has been brought up before sorry for the re-post, just wanting to get some feedback....!!!!!!

Thanks Mike

Scott Aston April 10th, 2006 08:28 PM

I ordered in Oct '05 (off EBAY) and received mine rig 4 weeks later in Nov '05. I will say I called often to check the order. Sorry that you are having problems.

Soeren Mueller April 26th, 2006 02:41 AM

Mike I'm in the same boat... I ordered midth/end of June '05 so that gives me about 9 months now!!! And I was so stupid to pay full upfront! :-(
That bad thing is that most of the time they didn't reply to my emails at all and the phone was disconnected for quite some time. Nevertheless there are some positive postings here and at the hbsboard - so at least some people seem to get their orders fulfilled now! :-/
Does anyone know what happend to the guy in Europe (I'm obviously in Europe too ;o) that wanted to hire a lawyer in the U.S.?

Cheers,
-Sören

Matthew Wilson May 4th, 2006 05:43 PM

It looks like Magiqcam has showed up on Craig's List. Do a search for magiqcam in the Los Angeles section of for sale and you'll find an ad for a IIIP system with an anonymous email return, but the seller's locaiton is listed as Paradise, CA (that's where Anamagique was? is?) and the ad looks like their standard type. Here's the email address to reply to. Maybe someone will repsond quicker than the normal channels.

sale-156698392@craigslist.org

Alfred Appiah June 11th, 2006 02:02 PM

Magicqam

I received my magicqam 3p . it took a little while but Nate delivered on his promise . It took about 8 months and was worth the while . I am sure Nate will deliver on his promise .

Quoc Peyrot June 11th, 2006 02:03 PM

Could you give me their new email and contact informations?

Thanks,
Regards,
Quoc

Charles King June 11th, 2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred Appiah
I received my magicqam 3p . it took a little while but Nate delivered on his promise . It took about 8 months and was worth the while . I am sure Nate will deliver on his promise .

8 months for a darn product. It's rediculous. I remembered whne they said it would take 2-3 weeks now 8 months is rediculous. I think it's bad business to have to wait for 8 bloody months for a product. You tell me which stabilizing company has put 8 months into delivering a product to a customer then I will be quiet.

I can understand it's a family business (or was, I don't know) but when you do a 'build to order' you have to consider the possibility that your work load will increase at some point in time and being prepare for such an incident will balance the curve towards the customer demand. Eight months, I can travel the bloody world twice and still make it home for coffee ;)

What kind of marketing are they into? 'Advance orders to those who really want it!!????' I'm sorry but it's no excuse. If I were you I would have just told them to cancelled the bloody order and buy from somewhere else. I believe customer service should be a first rate thing and not whatever happens happens.

Quoc Peyrot June 11th, 2006 08:08 PM

Well, it's "funny", because we have both cases. He waited 8months whereas I canceled my order, but I'm still waiting for my refund (hence my question above...).

I filed a complain, and will probably go further this time.

Regards,
Quoc