Merlin at NAB at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 26th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Merlin at NAB

If anybody is interested in the Merlin Stedicam, Garrett Brown is at the Tiffen booth at the NAB, second floor of south hall, SU2989. The list is about $825. but Samy's Camera had them for $699 in Central, C6813.
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:31 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

So Jack, how was the show for you? I've watched Garrett demo the Merlin before; it's impressive. Did anybody else here check it out?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 09:00 PM   #3
Major Player

Nab

Hi Chris,

NAB was great. Bought the Stedicam. I will have some real use for the Merlin this summer for a project in Guatemala shooting Mayan Pyramids. Red Cam booth was very interesting, liked the Litepanels stuff as well. Nice cool light, either 32 or 56K, spot or flood. The thing sits atop the Z1 on the shoe and can run on two NP970s for eight hours attached to the back of the light. I'll can tell you more in a week or so. Also spent a lot of time at Apple doing some tune-ups in their mini classes.

It was really productive time, topped off by the LAFCPUG raffle. How could one ask for anything more? Well, by meeting you and the guys. A great week for me.

Best Regards,

Jack
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)