The merlin - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 27th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Armin, do you use an on-camera monitor when you fly the VX1000?
Donald White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:20 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald White
Armin, do you use an on-camera monitor when you fly the VX1000?
I once used an external onboard monitor to shoot a daytime wedding. But the rig was just too heavy and I don't think I'll ever do that again. I've since acquired a TRV900 w/LCD that I use on my Glidecam 2000. Once in a while I'll fly with my VX1000 and point and shoot with good results.
Armin DeFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #18
Major Player

Checked out the site for Steddiepod.

I'm relatively new to these devices and don't own any yet, but IMO some of the positions the model is shown using strike me as pretty dangerous, i.e. the Body Camera Mount/Ego Cam, and the Camera Boom positions.

The Body Cam position seems something that would be used very seldom, and likely for short durations. Nonetheless, it lloks downright prone to dropping the entire unit.

As for the Cam Boom position, it strikes me as likely to be used more frequently than the Body Cam, but it looks even worse. I can't imagine "assuming that position" without some sort of belt or harness system that had a strap of some kind running from the operator's upper torso to the top of the pod.

Has anyone actually used this in those positions? What was your experience?
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 10:26 AM   #19
Major Player

[QUOTE=Samantha Hernandez]I would like to make a suggestion.. I like the steddiepod the best. It does a lot of things. and i believe that this is literally the most versatile camera support ever!

The Steddiepod looks very interesing especially when you see that it can be used as a monopod. As a wedding videographer, I'm always thinking about how or when I can use these devices without getting into an arm fatigue situation at a critical moment.

Samantha, do you know how much the Steddiepod weighs and what material it is made of? Do you have any demo shots available?

Bob
Bob Harotunian is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)