DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/)
-   -   Indicam? (Terry) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/72599-indicam-terry.html)

Javier Perez July 30th, 2006 09:48 AM

Indicam? (Terry)

Hey terry I'm new to this forum. I noticed you sell "indicam" system. I was interested in buying your product, but i went to your website and couldn't find a number to call. So i guess I'll ask you the question through here. Basicly what I really need to know is how long does it take to recieve the product after I have placed an order? Also whats shipping cost to miami florida? And will this system work good with a GL2? Thanks a million. I will PM you my email address just incase you want to respond through there...

Terry Thompson August 2nd, 2006 11:31 PM

Javier,

Now that your system will be on it's way tomorrow (Aug. 3rd) I found that you have this email posted. I didn't know it was on the web or I would have answered it here and not privately.

Looking forward to helping you in any way I am able.

Terry
Indicam

Javier Perez August 3rd, 2006 05:25 AM

Not a problem...thanks for all the help...

Sean Seah August 4th, 2006 04:00 AM

Congrats to yr sale Terry! Hope to see some inputs from Javier soon!

Javier Perez August 4th, 2006 06:29 PM

As soon as I get a good amount of practice on it I will give a review. I want to give a fair review on this product. I will give my first review and that is Terry has always help and answered all my questions without hesitation...So for customer service I give an A++.. He has also told me to call him when I get the product so he can walk me through some things, not to many companys are willing to do that...

To be continued....

Javier Perez August 5th, 2006 04:27 PM

Well...just got the package...and its exactly what you see on the website nothing diffrent...Looks very well constructed and he even throws in a water bottle.(Just like it shows on the site) Humm...I havn't been able to call Terry just yet...He asked me too once I recieved it...But I will a little later... Oh and by the way..SUPERFAST shipping....

To be continued.....

Sean Seah August 5th, 2006 10:53 PM

Yeah, A++ for Terry's customer service. I once asked him some questions and he was very willing to answer!

Peter Chung August 7th, 2006 11:17 AM

I agree. Terry's customer service is fantastic! I have the Indicam PILOT sled and hope that I'll be able to get the vest and arm system in the near future :) Great product and great service from Terry! I'm glad to hear that so many people are as thrilled with Terry's service as I have been.

Hopefully, the service will still be great when demand for the PILOT goes up and Terry gets lots of business ;)

Terry Thompson August 7th, 2006 02:09 PM

Peter (and the rest),

Rightfully said. We don't want to have so much going on that we don't have time to take care of our customers. After all, that's why we decided to manufacturer the PILOT. It's to help filmmakers make the best videos possible. Since we shoot as well, we are right there with you.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Terry
Indicam

Drew Curran August 14th, 2006 05:58 AM

Terry
can you tell me if the indicam would support a JVC HD100? (approx 3.5kg with IDX battery kit)

Thanks

Andrew

Terry Thompson August 16th, 2006 08:14 PM

Drew,

I just returned from Utah for my father's funeral so I'm late at answering emails. Sorry... He had a great send off and I was glad to be able to be with him and our other relatives.

I sure wish we were on the metric system. 3.5 kgs is equal to 7.7 pounds and is out of our weight limit by a little less than a pound. We're looking on ways to fly heavier cameras but haven't been able to do so yet.

We did fly an XL1 but that's the heaviest camera we have used.

Terry
Indicam

Terry Thompson August 24th, 2006 11:45 PM

Drew,

As stated in other posts, we have made a dual-spring prototype that holds a total weight of 14 pounds which includes the sled etc. That means that we will be able to fly XL1/XL2s as well as the JVC HD100.

I have a Steadicam operator friend who just bought a HVX200 and wants to try it out using the Indicam PILOT. He sais they can't make enough of the HVX200s-they fly off the shelf as soon as they arrive at the store (no pun intended). We are getting together next week (Aug 29th) so I'll advise everyone how it went. I'll also get a few stills to post here.

Smooth shooting,

Terry
Indicam

Terry Thompson August 29th, 2006 11:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is a picture of the PILOT supporting the Panasonic HVX200. The weight is just right. Tommorow I get to try flying an XL2. I'll post pictures as well because there are a number of inquiries concerning this camera. The weight won't be a problem but balancing is tougher as the XL2 is very front heavy.

Terry
Indicam