Glidecam 4000 Pro with Z1U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old October 31st, 2006, 05:03 PM   #1
New Boot

Glidecam 4000 Pro with Z1U

Okay, I know how difficult it is to balance one of these things, so I thought I'd start out by asking those who have already successfully balanced their Z1U with this thing. No manual came with this and the DVD Promo is a joke. So, any specifics people can provide me? I plan on using a quick release, but where is the best place to put it on the plate? I plan on using my sony wide angle lens which will add some weight. I may or may not use an onboard external mic (I have a Sennheiser ME66). How many weights you use for each side? Too many questions??? Thanks to anyone who can give me a bit of a head start! (Also, I have the Glidecam body pod/harness for attaching if that makes any difference)
Greg James is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)