merlin at night at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)

Old March 6th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #1
Major Player

merlin at night

just wanted to thank all of you for steering me towards the merlin..... works well with my z1..... only a few hours of practice.... but here's some night footage.

http://www.witzke-studio.com/hd/firstfriday.html
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #2
Regular Crew

At night

Very nice. Well done. I liked that very much.

Douglas
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:23 PM   #3
Major Player

Looked pretty decent. What do you do for a living? You should also try it out at the skatepark sometime you can get some amazing shots.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #4
Still Motion

Pretty good for how long you had it but there looked to be quite a bit of your steps in some of the walking portions.

Can you give me some tips on how you exprted that clip (I'm assuming from FCP). I have the A1 too and have a hard time getting the sound to sync right after exporting. It would be great if you could let me know what export settings you used.

BTW, I find that using the stabilizing screw in the front of the Merlin helps quite a bit with the A1, so it should do a lot for the Z1 too.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 04:34 PM   #5
New Boot

The diFrenzi piece was excellent. The lighting and color are superb!!
Ray Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 09:18 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks guys....

to web workflow is simple.... I export (FCP ) as a default original rez quicktime.
Then open in quicktime and export as h264 640X360 3/4's up the quality slider.

The difrenzi piece was my 1st project.... actually shot it with a sony hc1 with a letus flip/canon 50 1.4

the hc1 had red problems.... sort of a magenta cast to skin.... so that's why I de-saturated the interview cuts.

It didn't take long for me to know that I needed a camera with better color and better manual controls.

I'm a still photographer by trade... 20 years, shooting advertising... 8X10 cameras till the last 5 years with digital backs on hasselblads..... Louisville has a very strong as market with Yum brands ( kfc, taco bell, a&w, ljs etc ) and brown forman ( jack daniels and other spirits ) so work has ben plentiful on the still photography side. I've been so excited now that quality ( HD ) video is affordable now..... I'm really enjoying it... it's revived passion in art for me.... I mean, a 3 mega pixel camera at 24 frames per second! so cool! If things go well, I'm sure I'll upgrade idis to a red or whatever else is around the corner.

The Merlin is such a marvel! yes... I need to be a little more rubber knee'd when walking.... I was a little shy when walking the streets with the cam/merlin.... so trying not to attract to much attention.

Thanks again to everyone here at dvinfo.... I'm an addict and visit every few hours... even on my cell phone! I'm also hooked on mike curtis' hd4nd's site.... so much to learn!

ciao!
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #7
Major Player

Wow, i never knew louisville would have enough stuff to keep photographers busy.

I'll probably be in louisville riding the skatepark and recording with my glide cam this tuesday.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)