Magiqcam experience - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 21st, 2007, 10:09 PM   #16
Trustee

Keep in mind my main motivation for the Magiqcam purchase was to eventually fly it with a 35mm adapter. And apart from some extra work balancing the thing, it works great, minus wireless follow focus (my next big investment).

With just the bare FX1 it works extremely well also, and is a lot of fun to fly.

I should have been more clear with the socket block, it has left/right adjustment but no forward/aft, from what I have discovered this is a crucial mistake. A rough adjustment method does exist, you have to bend the metal in the vest for the right angle.

Still, I have no complaints, I have always been a tinkerer and playing with this for good results is fun for me. Time = money, and you can choose which one you spend. $5000+ for a flyer? No thanks, I'll go with $1450 + my own time, thanks :)
Old April 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM   #17
Major Player

No problem Ben. Whatever you decide is good with us. As long as you are happy. :) Good luck with the rig. BTW, pop over at HBS and maybe we can help you improve on the rig, if possible. :)
Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:11 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Again

I don't want to sound rude or anything but seriously... Every year we see a new "magiqcam is not dead" message, and every year we see new people disapointed, waiting their rigs, forever... Every year, we see "a new team", and every year it's the same old story.

So... Do whatever you want, but just know that I'm still waiting for my reimbursement (after what? 2 or 3 years? I lost count...)

Best Regards,
Quoc
Quoc Peyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:16 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoc Peyrot View Post
I don't want to sound rude or anything but seriously... Every year we see a new "magiqcam is not dead" message, and every year we see new people disapointed, waiting their rigs, forever... Every year, we see "a new team", and every year it's the same old story.

So... Do whatever you want, but just know that I'm still waiting for my reimbursement (after what? 2 or 3 years? I lost count...)

Best Regards,
Quoc
I know - I'd never buy from the company but this is a second hand one.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)