Yashica 108 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old March 17th, 2008, 05:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Yashica 108

Hi to all. My father brought me a small Lumix this christmas. However he own an analog Yashica 108 that both of us sometimes still use. I was looking if i can find a digital body where i can use the Yashica lenses. I'm searching for something even from a few years ago. Any suggestion? Here are picture of the body and the lenses.
Attached Thumbnails
Yashica 108-yashica.jpg   Yashica 108-yashica2.jpg  

Michele Coser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Yashica never entered the D-SLR market, you can only use Yashica lenses on their film bodies. No other camera manufacturer uses the Yashica mount for digital.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Outer Circle

Don't those old Yashica made Zeiss lenses fit it?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 07:57 AM   #4
Major Player

yashica actually made contax 35mm slr and p&s's for contax.... the manual focus len's for the contax and yashica have the same mount. I believe the parent company is kyocera.

the contax 50mm f1.4 and 85mm f1.4 are fantastic lens's!

I used to have a RTS back in the 80's..... lovely camera system!
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:10 AM   #5
Trustee

They will mount to a Canon EOS DSLR, by using a C/Y to EOS lens mount adapter.
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM   #6
Major Player

yes they will! and anyone with an addiction to sharp edge to edge images on a 1ds3 will brag about the combo.

Canon is a bit week regarding wide lens'.... so those landscapers out there go for the 21mm zeiss.

I use a contax 50mm f1.7 ( cheap and sharper than heck ) on my 1ds3 and on my ex1/letus extreme. the 1.7 is actually quite bright, more like a 1.4

rumor has it that zeiss let their glass cool down slowly over a longer period of time then other glass makers..... another great rumor was that if you bought a certain high dollar lens they gave you a free car.

Contax did enter the digital slr market with a great camera, but at 6mp, high price, and poor US marketing.... it never made enough impact to keep them in the game.
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy