Which digital camera do you have? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old July 12th, 2004, 08:17 PM   #61
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

I've been using the 10D for about a year. Really a fabulous camera. Recently I've been using the 1D Mark II. It's a different realm.

I put my 10D on the block here several weeks ago. But, with no bites, I pulled it and have decided to keep it as a second body. It's smaller, lighter size (w/o battery grip) and its 1.6 crop factor will make it ideal for relatively casual walk-around work and for use with my longer lens.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:25 PM   #62
Regular Crew

CANON EOS-10D

I'm a happy owner of a CANON EOS-10D, POWERED BY A BATTERY GRIP, A 550EX FLASH UNIT, AND AS FOR GLASS A CANON 50MM F/1.4, A CANON 100MM MACRO F/2.8 AND A SIGMA 15-30 F/2.8 HSM DG
Gustavo Nardelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:09 PM   #63
Regular Crew

I bought a Canon A-70 15 months ago. I took 9000 pictures with it. I love that thing. I had a Nikon EM as a young Marine in Beirut, I cherish the pictures that I have with it. I had no idea what I was doing but managed to get some good shots. I remember trying to read about shutter speed, iso and F-stop while rounds were landing in the Airport. I would love to get a Canon Digital rebel and do the firmware crack that gives it a menu like the 10D. I will get one soon. I just perchased a Canon Optura 300 from buydig.com. I read about all of the video cams online. It is only because of the reviews that I read on this site that I decided on that video camera. It cost $705.00 with 3 day shipping. I am building a new Athlon64 XP51 machine this month. I will have a blast processing the video from the camera with it. It is not a 3ccd camera but it fits right in size, video quality and price for this family.
Michael Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2004, 04:47 PM   #64
Regular Crew

I've had a Nikon D70 with kit lens for about 2 months. Have added 2 lenses so far but am lusting for more. Also have a Panasonic 2mp that has a 12x zoom (could not pass it up for $230!) and my wife has one of the Canon 2mp Elphs. Started with the Oly 2040 (it broke in the first week). upgraded to the 3040. Followed by Minolta 5mp D7, Nikon cp5000 (great wideangle) and a Sony 717.

Thats 8 digital cameras I've owned in about 3.5 years. Might seem like a lot to some (or most) people... but I have learned a ton about photography that I never would have with my SLR film cameras- instant feedback has been the key for me.
Bill Keen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy