EOS 1D MKII and NASCAR at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old October 28th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #1
Trustee

EOS 1D MKII and NASCAR

Last week I covered a Nextel Cup test session at Phoenix International Raceway. I gave the EOS 1D MKII auto focus system a good workout. It came through with shinning colors. The improved AF System was one of my primary motivators when I made the purchase. It was well worth it. It locks on quickly and stays locked on as it goes through 8 FPS in 40 shot bursts.

It handles my 2X extender on the 70-200mm f2.8 just fine. It’s true that is slows down the AF system but NASCAR racing lends itself to predictive AF. Once it has the focus it keeps it. I have used many digital cameras to cover racing and this one is by far the best for many reasons.

I posted 20 shots here http://www.sendpix.com/albums/04102813/gxjjdzsl0f/

All images are full frame and not modified, even though some need it. I want you to be able to see originals as they came out of the camera. This is a sendpix gallery that will automatically delete in 30 days. The sendpix compression definitely softened them up and made them darker than the originals. Sendpix is not a good way to evaluate images but you will get the general idea.

To learn more about AF and this camera the post Jeff made about the One Series paper is a must read.

This was a test session for the cars and drivers so some cars do not have the usual paint job you would recognize, but the numbers are correct, 24 is Jeff Gordon and 48 is Jimmie Johnson.

Steve
Old November 5th, 2004, 06:58 AM   #2
Warden

Very nice shots, Steven.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy