Eos 1 help needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old November 3rd, 2004, 03:48 PM   #1
New Boot

Eos 1 help needed

I am having problems with my eos 1. This morning when I decided to take a few pics in the front hard I noticed that when looking in the viewfinder the exposure meter(it that what its called?) had 2 arrows lit up permanently. I can still expose pictures properly but I find it anoying and could confuse me. Does anyone know how to fix this or what is causing it? This is the only problem I have had with this camera after owning it for a few months, its solid and in really good condition.

Here are a few pictures to show what I am talking about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...icial/slr1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...icial/slr2.jpg
Seb Andexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2004, 06:52 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Have you tried removing the battery? A sports photographer told me when something like this happens to take the everything that makes contact with the camera off and then put back on.
Ie. Battery, lens, compact flash.
I believe the EOS 1 is a film body so the CF wouldn't apply.
Hope this helps.
Bernard Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2004, 08:37 PM   #3
New Boot

I made sure the battery contacts are clean and still no luck. Here are two photos to show which arrows I am talking about(highlighted in red)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/artoficial/slr22.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/artoficial/slr11.jpg
Old November 3rd, 2004, 09:09 PM   #4
New Boot

What mode do you have the camera in? P, Av, Tv, M. Usually when there are two lit it means the reading falls in between two settings.
Jon Meester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2004, 09:35 PM   #5
Trustee

Seb,

The camera is fine. It is telling you that exposure compensation is active. Depress the shutter button half way and spin the big dial on the back of the camera until they line up and one will go away. Or you have it in manual mode with flash and the exposure meter is indicating the difference in exposure between the flash exposure and the ambient exposure. Turn the flash off and one of them one will go away.

Steve
Old November 5th, 2004, 08:02 PM   #6
New Boot

Thanks for your help everyone. It wasnt the flash(dont have a working one at the moment) and I shoot manual so no exposure compensation. I ahd a feeling that it was something with the electronics but the problem just went away.
Old November 10th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #7
Trustee

Seb,

Exposure compensation is still active in the manual mode if it is set. The double arrows will show up to indicate a half stop of compensation is active when you have the camera meter set to read in third stop increments (custom function). I doubt that there is anything wrong with the camera. It sounds like you purchased it used, do you have a manual?

Steve

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy