D1X Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old April 9th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #1
New Boot

D1X Problems

Does anybody have this camera? I think my monitor has gone out? Anybody had this problem?
kc
Old April 10th, 2005, 06:53 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

Do you have a link to this camera? Who makes this? I've never
heard of a D1X before.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2005, 06:14 AM   #3
New Boot

Nikon D1x. You should be able to find info on it.
Old April 11th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #4
Wrangler

Kevin: I moved this thread to the still camera forum. Hopefully you'll get an answer here.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #5
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Kevin,
By "monitor" I assume you mean the LCD display at the camera's back?

The D1x is the predecessor to Nikon's current D2X, a pro-level digital SLR still camera. I think you may have more luck looking for answers at DPreview's Nikon D1/D2 forum, although it the LCD simply stopped working you'll obviously have to send it for repair.

Good luck.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 12:44 PM   #6
New Boot

I have found multiple bugs in both the D1 and D1x after extended use. No LCD problems though. Our main problems have been with exposure readings, both flashed and non-flashed. Service didn't seem to help much. It just seemed to degrade some over time. The meter can be off , mostly under, more than a stop sometimes (spot meter on 18% grey, sunlight). Anyone else notice this?
Matt Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:20 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I do not own a D1/D1H/D1X (I use a F5 & D2H) although I have played with a friends D1 and D1X.
It definitely sounds like your D1X needs to be sent in. I have not herd of any issues with the LCD screen.
I have also not herd of any exposure problems with the D1 series cameras. I know that with the D2 series that Nikon have made the camera underexpose by 1/3 of a stop to help hold highlight detail. Back when I worked at a Nikon Pro dealer I remember a good customer who did not align his lens up with the mount and bent the prong that steps the aperture down. This caused his D100 to under expose by a 1 1/3 of a stop.
The old D-TTL flash definitely is not as good as TTL on film or i-TTL on the D2. I have herd of lots of people having to shoot a scene or subject multiple times when using flash on D1 series. I also herd that AA auto mode works better then D-TTL in a lot of situations.
I also recommend that you both check out www.Nikonians.org. It is wonderful resources vary similar to DVinfo but all Nikon.

Best of Luck,
Alex
Alex Ratson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy