Fantastic "Jumping Wolf" shot on film camera wins Wildlife Photographer of the Year - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old January 21st, 2010, 12:15 PM   #16
Trustee

The photographer who cried wolf!

Jose still denies that it was a tame wolf; however the judges have looked closely at the photo to reveal that the wolf not only looks remarkably similar to a tame wolf residing at a zoo in Madrid, but also that the gate and landscape matches the capital's Zoological park.

The Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition judges have stripped him of his £10,000 winner's cheque.
Old January 26th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Tony,

What a shame this whole thing is!!!

The one criticism that does not wash however is that a wolf would not jump a fence!!!

I am out in the field at least 200 days a year and have done so for decades. I have seen all kinds of totally abberant behaviors by wildlife. I had deer jump over my head one time, who would believe that unless it happend to you. some where in the files I have a picture of a young man being hit in the head by a wild falcon.

It may have been a tame trained animal, but I doubt it is the one they compare it too!! they are not similar at all in my book.

If they were wrong they ruined this persons reputation, if not he got less than he deserved.

Guilty without adequate proof, or so it seems.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy