Canon 20D and a group of lenses... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old August 14th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #16
Inner Circle

i guess its the in between model from the 1ds and the 20d
I too was a lil miffed at 3fps RAW, but when you consider that you can rattle off 17shots at 13mp high res JPG, to me thats good enough.. i wont be using it that often anyway.. i think im going to wait until october before i decide on a final unit, but until then, theres no stopping me from racking some lenses... :)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #17
Major Player

For what it's worth, I shoot weddings with a 20D, it does a great job. Yes it is LOUD, but nobody has ever said anything during a ceremony.
I use the grip, because I shoot 80% of my shoots in the portrait position.
I also use it with a custom brackets Q-35-H which works well but adds bulk.
These are the lenses I am using

Tamron 28-75 F2.8 (Main Lens), for the price, I don't think it can be beat, I Have taken great pictures with it.
Canon EF-S 10-22 - super wide, I get at least 2 great shots per event with this lens
Canon 70-200 F4L - very nice lens, just not the greatest for indoor ceremonies (saving up for the 70-200 F2.8 IS)
Canon 85mm F1.8 - Very nice for portraits under controlled situations, I only use this for formal shots and shots in very dark churches that won't let me use flash.
Canon 50mm F1.8 - Never use it, bought it because it was dirt cheap, maybe I will use it one day, but it's autofocus is slow and loud.

I have a 300D as a backup, but I am trying to find a cheap 20D or even a 350D as a backup.
I have been spoiled by the low ISO noise level on the 20D, the 300D is alot more noisy at ISO 800 and above.

Anyways, here is my gallery of favourite wedding images, I think all but about 4 of them were taken with my 20D
http://www.pbase.com/toogy/weddings

Hope this helps abit.
Old August 24th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #18
Air China Pilot

Jeff, I like your photos.

This one looks like the bride's party is about to jump out and punk them.
Old August 24th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Hey Jeff, thanks for the link to your gallery, ill have a chance to look at it closely a little later, but thank you for some insight into the lenses which youre using.

All this info helps as it give me an idea as to what lens woudl work better in a given situation. Obviosly theres still alot of learning to be had, but its good to have a starting point :)

I usually build my new kits piece by piece as money accumulates, and my first bit of kit came today :) my camera bag ... lol
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy