DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Still Crazy (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/still-crazy/)
-   -   Behind the scenes of a McDonalds photoshoot (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/still-crazy/508689-behind-scenes-mcdonalds-photoshoot.html)

Evan Bourcier June 21st, 2012 01:12 PM

Behind the scenes of a McDonalds photoshoot

Hey, I figured this is the most on-topic place to put this, but I couldn't resist sharing this video of how they make a McDonalds product photo.

Behind the scenes at a McDonald's photo shoot - YouTube

What do you guys think of this whole process? I saw surprised there wasn't more trickery going on, at least not that they showed haha.

Bernard Lau July 4th, 2012 08:22 AM

Re: Behind the scenes of a McDonalds photoshoot

Damn, now I'm craving for McDonalds at 12:30am, where can I find a Macca's at this time? Oh yeah, they're 24hours!

I want a food stylist to make my burger, it would be almost twice the size and only have condiments at the front.

Back to the vid, yup, that's how they do it. They're not allowed to use fake food... but I guess they're allowed to place it whatever way they want... mmmm, ketchup in a syringe...

Guest July 4th, 2012 12:45 PM

Hey! I watched that a couple days ago. It was on the VIMEO staff pick or something. I am still trying to get used to the new interface at VIMEO.

Charles Newcomb August 18th, 2012 08:31 AM

Boy, you'd think Mickey-Ds could afford to hire a Mc-shooter who knows how to not make you dizzy with all the camera movement.

Paul Wags August 19th, 2012 01:31 AM

Mc Donald's food is plastic crap and should be banned period.
I refuse to it eat even when I am pissed lol

David Knaggs September 29th, 2012 06:32 PM

Hey, Paul. Have you actually been inside a McDonald's recently and tried their menu?

I took my Dad out for lunch for Father's Day recently and he insisted on going to McDonald's. I was astounded and asked him why. He told me that they have changed and are getting a bum rap because people think it's still plastic food.

So we went there and all I can say is that you should try their Angus burger or their "Serious Lamb" burger.

For the first time I felt like I was eating a "real" burger at a McDonald's and the quality of their salad ingredients was excellent (it also had egg, even beetroot). It was a bit of a shock, I must say.

In my mind, McDonald's has always stood for "Instant food" and you used to go there and the person at the counter would just reach behind and grab one of a long line of pre-made burgers and, bang, you were out of there. The trade-off back then for "not waiting around" was that the burger was, well, plastic and not very satisfying.

However, today they leave you standing around for 2 or 3 minutes while they freshly prepare your burger and I don't like it. If you're going to wait around, why not just get a burger from a Fish and Chip shop? They lose their "positioning" in my mind when they make you wait around. However, I generally avoid burgers anyway because of the processed meat, so I'm not really a part of their target market. But, if you don't mind processed meat and white bread (buns), they provide as good a burger as any these days. I'm only talking about Australian McDonald's though.