Video Out not working on EOS 10D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old March 29th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #1
Major Player

Video Out not working on EOS 10D

The video out port does not seem to be working on my 10D. I've tried using various 1/8" video/RCA video cords to various TVs/decks/cameras etc and it just never puts anything over the video when hitting 'Play' or 'Menu'. Unplugging the video from the 10D will then activate the LCD and the image/display will show.
To test the cabling, I've hooked up camcorders to the same 1/8" cable and they will display a picture on the TV or deck. It's been a while since I used the 10D's video out, but it was working in January.
I'm hoping I just disabled something by oops. It is set for NTSC, couldn't think of anything else to check. Thanks for any help!
Old March 29th, 2006, 03:46 PM   #2
Major Player

This might be a little off but I know with my new video ipod that in order to use one of those 1/8th to RCA video cords I have to switch the yellow with the red and plug the red into the video input and the yellow into the right audio input. It's just reversed like that. I haven't tried video output for my 300D but seeing as it's a close design to the 10D maybe I should try it and get back to you.

Then again I also know they make dedicated video out cords that only have the yellow RCA at the end. Maybe you need one of those instead.
Old March 29th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #3
Major Player

Interesting. I just tested this with my 300D and it turns out I needed to use the white connection to get the playback images to display on screen.

I guess all these devices are wired different.
Old March 29th, 2006, 04:30 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Mike,
Well, your advice fixed it, this time I hooked it up the 'wrong' way and it worked :) Which makes no sense cuz the rig worked with a camcorder, but I won't knock it further. Thanks!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy