10d good enough to shoot wedding still? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old May 25th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Todd:
I'm glad you like the camera. Not to say anything against Walgreen's, but drugstore prints are no way to measure the quality of your photos. Especially now that you have a calibrated monitor, you can print your own at far higher quality. To paraphrase Dylan, what you're doing here is buying a Ferrari and hiring a UPS driver to chauffeur you around town.
Francois Camoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2006, 08:20 AM   #17
Major Player

Francois - I completely agree on the walgreens thing, I would never sell prints from walgreens it was just a quick compare. I have been using Mpix as my lab and have been happy wih the results. They have my prints on my door in about 2 days max, also they color correct for me.

I would print at home but only have a Epson R320, and I need new profiles made, just haven't gotten around to that. Even after I get the profiles made I don't think I will print at home, because the lab is easy and they know what they are doing.

Any other opinions on what labs to use? I would like to find a lab that has some really nice sports things (like memory mates, and cutouts etc)

Thanks,
Todd
Todd Kivimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #18
Trustee

Try prodpi.com.
Emre Safak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy