500 bux cashback on 5d.. hmm.... wheres my Credit card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old September 5th, 2006, 06:35 AM   #1
Inner Circle

500 bux cashback on 5d.. hmm.... wheres my Credit card

just learnt today that Canon are about tostart offering a $500 cashback on the 5d.... from street price of 3900, after cashback, we got 3400, to be this is a logical step when considering it or the 30d, which is just on $1800... now i dunno, but to me.. its a tough choice whether to go a 30d + 400d as backup right now, or go a 5d, then wait a bit, then add a 400d later as a backup...
More than likey within 3 month from launch, the 400 will go down a couple of hundred bux...
GRR... stupid decision making librans.. im such a procastinator it isnt funny..

im also looking at afew lenses.. jsut got my hands on a 50mm@1.8 AF, consideiring the 70-200 @ 2.8 USM <no IS> and a 24-70@2.8 L

all up the kit will set me back about the price of a new HDV cam, and knowing that i'd be making much more money with ALOT less work, makes me think that jumping into stills is a better option as opposed to sticking with video and busting my balls for peanuts..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:28 AM   #2
Outer Circle

The cash-back sounds good but the 5D is still pricey, for me anyway. Is this cash-back available only in the USA?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #3
Trustee

Since you don't have any lenses you might as well get the 30D. I have an array of 35mm primes, so I need a 5D to get any sort of wide angle. You have the luxury of starting from scratch.
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2006, 02:08 AM   #4
Outer Circle

I wonder if lens adaptors are available to mount other brands onto the 5D.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:39 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Since you don't have any lenses you might as well get the 30D. I have an array of 35mm primes, so I need a 5D to get any sort of wide angle. You have the luxury of starting from scratch.The cash-back sounds good but the

((true, and becuase of this, I am going for the as a starter unit.. for the prce of a 30d with a 70-200 @ 2.8 IS USM i can get a 5d body only.. so yeah, logic and budget dictates to start somewhere in the middle.. ))

I wonder if lens adaptors are available to mount other brands onto the 5D.
((I believe there is... i know theres a leica mount, but im not sure about the others.. i check through ebay.. i dunno how it affects the image though.. ))

5D is still pricey, for me anyway. Is this cash-back available only in the USA?
((I woudlnt know about the USA, but i do know its in Aus.. ))
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 06:09 AM   #6
Outer Circle

An Aussie, eh? I just assumed....otherwise. Sorry. ;)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy