Leica M8 vs Canon 5D - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old November 11th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #16
Trustee

It’s pretty shocking knowing that the camera you just bought had issues especially one at this price point. This camera had a lot of praise before it came out. At least they didn’t take a long time to admit the problems unlike some companies.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 04:17 PM   #17
Outer Circle

Quote:
This camera had a lot of praise before it came out.
It's called, "shilling." There was so much of it on the Leica forums, in fact, that I was expecting something wasn't right. Of the several reviews I read from famous Leica shills, including Erwin Puts, Tom A., Sean Reid and that other guy on luminous-landscape, the major problems weren't mentioned. The luminious-landscape and Erwin Puts reviews actually had all the negative material and sample comparison pics removed after a few days. Something was just not right with this camera yet the Leica heads jumped on the cabbage truck only to fall off. Thank God for this camera forum where cooler heads prevail.

I managed to snag some of negative quotes and a desperate cry to Leica from a board owner ("admin & big cheese") here: http://www.photopoo.com/m8.htm
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 06:32 PM   #18
Major Player

..and MR at luminous-landscape knew about the problems and was asked by leica not to publish the info . If I bought a m8 based on his opinion , I think I'd be very upset , and there are some who are. So much for independant reviews ! It seems underthetable is alive and well on the internet. I wonder if he actually received any compensation from leica ? If so , then he's got a legal problem. Let me see - 5000 units x $4500 = ???
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 07:02 PM   #19
Outer Circle

Phil at www.dpreview.com kind of shilled it too.

I presume that Mr. at luminous-landscape got a free one like Tom A---and Erwin Puts probably got 2: a silver one and a black one.

I knew this M8 was going to be an over-priced piece of cr**. Canon's 5D and Epson's RD1 are looking sweeter.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy