Canon EOS-40D - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 09:53 AM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Wanstead View Post
That is quite cool animal ;-)

Can you post original photo from the camera?

TIA

Regards
Leigh
The original JPG doesn't look very good (my fault, not the cam), and I don't want to post the original CR2 file. But, just so you know - the lizard photo (if that is the one you are talking about) is a crop of the original, white balance set in Adobe Camera Raw, unsharp mask used in Photoshop CS3, saved as JPG.

The 4x6 prints look great from this camera (from the JPGs, haven't tried printing anything from the raw files yet).
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #32
Machinist Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Sony... Beta...
Sony... Beta...
Sony... Beta...

Where have I heard that before?
LOL!!! And we will be hearing it again and again for a long time, I'm sure. Week before last, I was shooting on one that had to be 20 years old, so far.
Old November 12th, 2007, 05:00 AM   #33
New Boot

I'm kinda partial to Nikon D40x since I own one, but Canon EOS-40D is great camera.
David Angelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #34
Machinist Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Angelas View Post
I'm kinda partial to Nikon D40x since I own one, but Canon EOS-40D is great camera.
Of course, I would be partial to the brand I alerady own. To get a Canon now, when you already have a Nikon, would mean you couldnt use any of your present lenses, accessories, etc. Switching brands is almost never worth the pain of the changeover.
Old November 12th, 2007, 10:10 AM   #35
MPS Digital Studios

I read somewhere that there's an adaptor to stick Canon lenses on Nikon cameras, and possibly vice versa. Anyone know of that?

Heath
Old November 12th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #36
Major Player

There are adapters Heath, but you generally lose AF and often metering as well. And with all these new lenses that don't have aperture rings on the lens you often can't adjust your aperture either.

Unless you're using manual lenses, I get the impression that the adapters are not particularly useful.
Mark Kenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 06:08 PM   #37
MPS Digital Studios

Thanks for the heads up, Mark. I think I'll stick with one camera and its lens system. Though I can only use AF-S lenses (where the lens handles autofocusing vs. higher-end models) on my Nikon D40x, most of the lenses I buy are modern, and if I move up to a Nikon D300, I can use the same lenses.

If I use an older lens, I can simply manually focus it, no sweat. Other high-end Nikon cameras will handle most older lenses that can do autofocus from the camera.

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy