Interesting link for streaming. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old October 15th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #1
Major Player

Interesting link for streaming.

Came across this while browsing. Might be useful for anyone delving into live streaming. The camera is a x70
Broadcast a bike polo tournament – coolquentin
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2016, 07:19 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Interesting link for streaming.

Thanks Donald

Interesting to read even for non Apple users like me. For remote locations where you have no power the new Intel mini computer units are great as they can be DC powered and are way faster than conventional laptops at even many times the price!!!

I'm doing a wedding ceremony next Saturday again but it will be a super simple setup just with one camera and a Livestream broadcaster ...Haven't go an external mini computer yet so there will be no titles but I guess I could make up a 8 x 10 colour photo on a lighting stand to "announce" the video start and simply film the photo then move it out of shot for the start of the wedding processional ..crude but the same way we used to do it in the old days.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 02:12 AM   #3
Major Player

At least when you do a one camera stream it makes it simpler to move around. Not so simple if you have cables all over the place.
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2016, 05:10 AM   #4
Inner Circle

It might cost a little more but it's a lot easier to have wireless remote cameras so you can move all over without being tethered. If you use Livestream Broadcasters they of course need to connect to their Studio software but you can operate a fair distance away and have both cameras free to roam. It does however lock you into using their software but you can still stream to FB and YouTube. Surely one can get a nice wireless link from others where the receiver has an HDMI output so it can live next to the switcher?
Old October 21st, 2016, 07:33 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Instead of being locked into Livestream you may want to get Teradek VidiuPro. You may notice similarities between Teradek's devices and Livestream. Basically the same hardware but "open" (and a little bit more expensive) so it allows you to choose the CDN.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2016, 07:48 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Hey Craig .. Probably all made in the same factory in China!!!

We stick with Livestream for convenience ...other CDN tend to add costs if you have XX viewers whilst LS is unlimited views and unlimited videos, Sure going to Facebook and You Tube is free but your video gets taken down or has ads pinned to it if there is one tiny music source playing so for weddings that's a pain for us ..it's the bride's music not ours but YT ping us even for ambient background music which is not what a bride wants ..I did a wedding last Saturday and simply uploaded it to Facebook and they refused to let me post it unless I removed the audio the celebrant played when she arrived. I we have to (client request) broadcast to a YouTube account we just go through Livestream Studio software which can stream to any CDN
Old October 22nd, 2016, 07:03 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Chris, I can certainly understand the issue with copyright.

Oftentimes I stream news or corporate related stuff and they want the reach Facebook and YouTube provide and, now, Periscope (Twitter) as well. Granted there's nothing like getting surprised at a corporate event when they decide to play the theme from Rocky while their top sales manager takes the stage.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View