Improvements in YouTube broken stream resumption (and how to take advantage of it) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old June 19th, 2017, 07:16 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Improvements in YouTube broken stream resumption (and how to take advantage of it

Hi Josh

We only have a basic account which is around US$500 a year which does give us unlimited streams and unlimited viewers but sadly no embedding facility .... You can of course post the link onto places like Facebook and they won't ping you as you haven't actually posted the video. I reckon it's well worth the cost and we have done close to 50 streams over this last year so $10 for each stream is a drop in the ocean. The main reason is we use their Encoders which only stream to their CDN so we had to obviously use them but it's really convenient to set up !! We also get a DVR created during each stream and hosted indefinately!!

https://livestream.com/videohouse
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 07:44 PM   #17
Major Player

Re: Improvements in YouTube broken stream resumption (and how to take advantage of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Hey Cary

We have genuine Royalty Free music libraries from SmartSound but a couple of years back it seems they "sold" the libraries to Getty Images on the understanding that previous owners of the audio pallettes would be exempt from any copyright issues. Despite this, You Tube will ping me each and every time I use it and say "Getty Images has claimed copyright" ...I have to then file a dispute and after 30 days the claim is retracted ....however the usefulness of the video by that time has vanished so it's a fruitless exercise!!
Do they block the sound or the whole video?
If not it is not a problem because after you win the dispute any potential proceeds go to you.
But yes if they block it is a big problem.

I posted a topic on the blocking on the YouTube forum:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/BimDPG8zVzA;context-place=topicsearchin/youtube/$20Process$20to$20mitigate$20false$20Content$20ID$20claims$20
Cary Knoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 08:12 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Cary

Nope they don't block it for normal computer views but some clients say the video is blocked on mobile and their email says they will add an ad or send the copyright holder video stats.

If a bride insists on having her original music and needs a YouTube video I simply leave it on accept the ping and let the video have an ad and inform the client of the action.

Facebook are a lot more brutal ..they will actually stop your upload if they detect a copyright track!!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View