Facebook to be checking live streams for copyright violations - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old October 19th, 2017, 07:23 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Facebook to be checking live streams for copyright violations

It's much harder to identify orchestral pieces than pop songs in terms of versions of the song. My tribute band had our recording of a popular song identified as the original, which is rather nice in a way because it does say we're close enough to be confused with it, but with orchestral recordings of the same piece the differences are really quite small, as in tempo, dynamics and small stuff - so while they can identify the piece reliably, they have much trouble with the performance.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 07:37 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Good point Paul!

Sadly with weddings the bride picks the song and supplies it on a USB to the wedding celebrant who plays it ...and 9 times out of 10 it's a vocal track and very current too! Very very likely to get picked up by both YT and FB quite easily. The other option of course is to kill the audio as she walks down the aisle (while the track is playing) It is frustrating though that the celebrant can play it but I get nailed if I record it!!

Your comments seem to tie in nicely with previous ones where the stage performance of Tony's wasn't picked up!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Hi Chris,

I know on facebook you have to up date the stream key on your device with every new stream. I see it only on continus streams that are over 4 hours that get cut.

If you do short streams you will have to creat a new key to start the stream again and it will be a new post as well.

As for audio I do know youtube did stop me from embedding the video in to my site and also there is ads on it now, also can not be played on mobile devices, tablet and some smart tvs. They picked up the music in the intervils and pinged it. Facebook on the other hand did not and the video is still up on facebook.
Tony McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Good to know. I wonder if I can report to them when content is infringing on my media. They must have gotten sued. .....
Tobin Strickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #20
Inner Circle

I have an idea that people playing music (like a DJ at an event) are licensed to play it publically but not record it on video so the moment your mics pick up the music even though you are not broadcasting it ..Facebook will flag you simply because it appears on your video.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 03:43 AM   #21
Major Player

Years ago, I heard that legally if you play a radio and more than x amount of people listen to it you should have a license.
Old October 30th, 2017, 06:21 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Hi Donald

We have a blanket DVD license you can get here which allows 20 people to watch your wedding privately at a time. If you have 21+ people in your living room it then becomes a public event and you infringe all copyrights

The music world has truly gone mad. I ask you who really is going to queue up to watch a wedding video. most people run away from them!!!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View