Convergent-Design's Apollo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old January 1st, 2018, 12:15 AM   #1
Major Player

Convergent-Design's Apollo

I just upgraded my Odyssey 7Q+ to the Apollo quad-recorder (and switcher). Haven't used it in a production setting yet, but just playing around with it at the office is very impressive.

For live streaming I plan to use it for switching and recording HD ISO's of up to 4 cameras, then run SDI to my UltraStudio HD mini which is then connected to a MacBook Pro with Wirecast. Amazing that the entire setup can run on MacBook power and a handful of L-Batteries. No outlets required. Should be great for mobile setups
Old January 3rd, 2018, 11:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Convergent-Design's Apollo

That’s a very cool approach to multicamera into Wirecast!

Although, it does require two control interfaces... wouldn’t it be great if Wirecast was controlling the Apollo! But still, this is awesome.

How are you connecting for upload of your stream?
Old January 3rd, 2018, 04:36 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Convergent-Design's Apollo

The nice thing is that we get ISO recordings that are in full sync, plus XML with the switch data from each camera. No need to record a separate switched version and no need for additional hardware to record up to four camera ISOs. Since it's a touch-screen, it's pretty fluid... though, that said, I often have a second person just to do the camera changes (on ATEM or Odyssey) and then I handle graphics and network on the Wirecast computer.

We use whatever we can get for a connection. 20mb ethernet up (through Cable) on a good day.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View