Mobile streaming to youtube - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old August 24th, 2018, 06:07 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Re: Mobile streaming to youtube

Hi Len

Not really ideal for sports though .. the super wide lens means that you need to use digital zoom to crop shots so an optical zoom or PTZ camera is probably better. You can of course bring the Mevo into Livestream Studio as a remote camera and it is great for wide shots then. It seems to work better thru Studio (even as a single cam) as you have the option of adding scoreboards and such graphics! It was originally designed as a live camera for your iPhone but the flaky wifi always was an issue .. works way better with the boost and an ethernet connection so wifi is not needed
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2018, 11:05 AM   #32
Tourist

Just a question on cameras for streaming, I'm finding it really hard to find a camcorder with clean hdmi out for the encoder, and something that will also work in bad weather (so a lens hood is required really, for keeping rain off the lens).

I was hopeful that one of the JVC quad proof designs would have a clean hdmi out and be threaded, or some from of rtmp encoder, but I cant find anything.

What are people using when livestreaming in bad weather, say from the sidelines of a football field?
John Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2018, 08:05 AM   #33
Inner Circle

We use Panasonic MDH2 shoulder mount cameras (In the USA they are AC-8) and mine have sustained many a shower (last weekend at a wedding it got pretty wet!) My cams run on a tripod and dolly so I have plenty of places to add an umbrella (don't laugh.. it's cheap and it keeps the cameras dry) The cams have a pretty good image and importantly a super smooth 20X zoom too. The way we look at it is we shoot on the beach and outdoors a lot and need a camera with a decent lens hood and a decent HDMI socket too (I destroyed 2 x Lumix cameras by not being careful with their minature microHDMI ports) Also once the salt air and rain make the camera un-usable it only costs us $1200 for a new unit and we haven't destroyed a $10,000 camera! Makes a lot of sense !!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View