DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Taking Care of Business (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/)
-   -   Website Up...thank You Soooo Much!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/taking-care-business/10098-website-up-thank-you-soooo-much.html)

Roze Ann May 26th, 2003 07:44 AM

Website Up...thank You Soooo Much!!!

Heya folks. I just cannot thank you all enough for the AWESOME advice and discussion about the GL2, trademark, rates, etc. Our website is up albeit simply but it does the job for now. The designer I wanted is booked 'til August so we'll hopefully get him to update us later. Most of the gear is in. Only waiting on a back order from Pro-tape because the storage rack was not in stock. Chris at ZGC ROCKS!!! The only problem I've having right now is sleep. Soooooo excited to have an ALL NEW gear package for the first time in my life (whawhoooo!).

Anyway...here is the URL:

http://www.fatcatmedia.biz

All thoughts, comments, advice are greatly appreciated. We will be adding a secure "buy on line" page and a portfolio page as things build. God is good and gave me a "high-end geek" for a husband... he takes care of the heavy duty coding on the web. I just do basic HTML.

OH yeah...I DID speak with the patent attorney who goes to our church and he said that I did all the right things to "cya" our logo and name. Now it's just a matter of time to find out if anyone else has something similar. He did say that the state registration is good for establishing "time of registration" and WOULD hold water in a court of law if there were ever a problem. But I told him of my research and he said that is all you can do up front. So I'm comfortable with it all for now. Plus "fatcatmedia.tv" 's website is still not functional even though it's up. And we offer completely different services. OK...nuff for now. THANKS Y'ALL!!! Have a safe weekend :-)

Rob Lohman May 26th, 2003 08:07 AM

What I found:

Page: http://www.fatcatmedia.biz/gear.html

FInal Cut Express -> Final Cut Express
Emmy Awarding -> Emmy Award (without the ing I think)

Stylianos Moschapidakis May 26th, 2003 08:53 AM

Roze, i just visited your site, and (besides that "ing" thing that Rob pointed out) it looks really good; very simple and to the point.

Great job and good luck!

Jeff Donald May 26th, 2003 09:04 AM

It looks very nice. Let us know when it's finished.

You have a couple of repeat word:

and and

There was another and I can't remember it. Sorry, didn't know I was doing proof reading.

The logo is very nice too.

Stylianos Moschapidakis May 26th, 2003 09:21 AM

Forgot to ask...Why "Fat Cat," and not "Anorexic Dog," for example?

Roze Ann May 26th, 2003 09:25 AM

THANKS!

Hey Y'all...OK...corrected the 2 things in "Gear" and looking for other mistakes. Please keep 'em coming. I have been building the site usually between midnight and 5 am when everyone else is asleep. Hence more mistakes than usual and no wonder there are double words in there :-) I REALLY appreciate your help with this!

John Locke May 26th, 2003 06:06 PM

Roze Ann,

You've had me on the edge of my seat waiting for the celeb pics! Work on that section next...okay?

Frank Granovski May 26th, 2003 06:08 PM

I like, "Fat Cat." I have one at home..., and she keeps getting bigger!

PS: really nice front page. I wish I had those HTML skills.

Roze Ann May 26th, 2003 07:17 PM

Well I guess I will have to put up a foto of the "real" fat cat...Miss Dubya. We got her on inauguration day and decided to name her after "George W. B" so we would remember how long we have had her. She's a beauty. BIG Egyptian painted eyes and a big rear. What a cutie. I'll try to get a photo of her up a.s.a.p.

On the celeb photos...whew...thousands. I will try to post the more well known folks first. Renee' Z and I pal' d around a bit in Austin with her friend Lisa. Renee' s doggie Miss Woofer is sooooo sweet. That was my 'bud' during the filming of "Love & a .45" and "Whole Wide World". I don't know what Renee is going to do when Dylan is no longer with her. My pup "Chippy" is my best bud and has been for a long time too. It's wonderful to have a fuzzy companion (aside from hubby lol) to go everywhere with. Lots of fun stories to tell.

On the first day Peter Fonda came to set (as "Starlene's dad) I was asked to give him a lift home. The man is SOOOO sweet but NEVER and I mean NEVER shuts up! I was exhausted just listening to him. However, it was all worth it on the way back to the hotel when DP Tom Richmond and Gaffer Shawne ? drove up next to us out in the boonies of Taylor, TX after filming the "breaking in house scene" ...Peter got this big "s.e. grin", looked straight at me and said "Oh BOY I haven't done this in years!" He proceeded to drop his pants in my oh so elegant 1987 Honda Civic Wagon and MOONED the other folks! It was HILARIOUS!!! I still laugh about that every time I see Peters' face. He just cracks me up. Super cool, super intelligent fellow too.

I've got a really funny one about Anne Wedgeworth but that will have to wait. Too pooped to write about it tonight. Once the photos are up I will try to accurately relay funny stories remembered from working with these folks. It was a great ride for sure! To me the 'making of' films were far more entertaining than the actual movie could ever hope to be. Nighty, nite y'all :-)

Roze Ann May 26th, 2003 07:23 PM

ABOUT HTML

Hey Frank here's a GREAT website about web design:

http://www.webmonkey.com

It's where I recommend all my "web design" students go. I use to teach at North Lake College in Irving, TX. They have a wonderful media program there. Anyway...it's a great place for quick learning and good reference materials. I'd be glad to help if you really want to learn. HTML is pretty easy...it's DHTML, SSL, CSS, etc. that get confusing. My hubby is a "pro geek" ...it's why I married him (roflol)...naw it was luuuvvvv. Oh well... webdesign is a BLAST! You should give it a try. Peace, R

John Locke May 26th, 2003 07:39 PM

Roze,

Now I'm really sitting on the edge of my seat...post those pics!!

By the way...any chance you know a still photographer from Austin named Susan Gaetz?

Frank Granovski May 26th, 2003 09:27 PM

Thanks, Roze Ann!! I'll check it out.

Roze Ann May 26th, 2003 10:08 PM

Hey John ...that name sounds familiar but I don't know why. I have not lived in Austin since the early 90's. Moved to Dallas not long after "L & .45" but continued to work in Austin until late 90's. I'm so tired I'm about to drop right now. Will work on getting photos up a.s.a.p. If you do a search on the Trimark film "Love and a .45" starring Renee Zellweger, Gil Bellows, Rory Cochrane, Peter Fonda and Anne Wedgeworth ...those are my photos. The album cover and video photos as well.

I did a cover for Arista Records of Brooks & Dunn on a demo CD for a song called "You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone" check this link: http://www.brooks-dunn.com/merchandise/index.htm and scroll down to the album called "Waiting On Sundown". Honestly I cannot remember if that cover is one of mine but I think not. However, the cover for the demo is very similar and it is mine. All those shoots start to blur together especially late at night :-) More to come.

Oh yeah...there is the 'ever lovely' "Children of the Corn: IV" YUCK! The cast and crew were terrific but I'll never do another 'gore' flick...especially in that hot summer Texas heat. Whew!

OK...I'm crashin' fast. Gotta run. Will catch up tomorrow. Peace

John Locke May 27th, 2003 02:14 AM

Roze,

Susan is a family friend and she worked as a photographer in Austin during the 80s and 90s. Sounds like you guys probably worked in the same circles, so I wondered if you knew her. Her web site can be found by clicking here.

I'll check out the stuff you mention above!

By the way...I had a friend who worked on "Texas Chainsaw Massacre II" which was filmed in the middle of summer outside Austin. They used a lot of meat to create the gore in the film. Problem was, the house had no air conditioning and some of the same meat was used for days. My friend said she'd never do another gore movie ever again either.

Roze Ann May 29th, 2003 10:04 AM

some photos up

OK John...just for you :-) I only have a few photos from "Love and a .45" up but here's the link. More to follow very soon. Thanks!!!

http://fatcatmedia.biz/portfolio