SAG pay for 1 hour? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old September 13th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #1
Major Player

SAG pay for 1 hour?

Last year I made a fake commercial. There was a guy in it who who SAG eligible and not SAG yet. It wasn;t until this year that the video has earned a little over $100 on metacafe.com, but I can't get the money unless everyone signs a release. The guy isn;t responding to my emails (he is well known to only do what benifits himself) He was a last minute actor put in the video cause someone else could't make it. My question is, to satisfy his greed so I can start collecting the money, how much would SAG pay be for under 1 hour of filming? Or how much should I offer? I really need the money as little as it is to help pay back my new equipment.
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #2
Major Player

I couldn't tell if it was a commercial or a parody skit type of thing.
Depending on the nature of the project it may not even be in SAG's jurisdiction.
Typically commercial work is covered my AFTRA, maybe IATSE, etc.
But there are a lot of grey lines.

You're not required to pay him SAG wages if he wasn't SAG at the time, and I'm assuming that you weren't a SAG signatory producer anyhow.

As far as I know SAG doesn't run hourly rates. Days and half days and only additional hours.

You probably did it as pay deferred so I guess just leave the guy a message saying "I can't send you your share or anyone else's share until I get a signed release"

And of course, in the future, get the releases upfront. Most of us don't roll cameras until all releases are signed.
Reid Bailey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business